CHAPTER 17

Danica woke up and found herself alone in their bed. Flacon's side was cold. He had been gone for a while.

Déjà vu hit her, and she reached for her cell phone that was on the nightstand and dialed Falcon's number.

He answered on the third ring. "Before you go all ape shit on me, let me tell you that I will be coming home to you."

Danica laughed as relief hit her. "Good and I don't go ape shit."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that, babe. I have a few things to take care of at the docks and then I have to go to the Gentleman's club and then I will meet you for lunch at the house, sound good?"

"Sounds perfect. I'll see you later then."

"Hey babe," Falcon said before she cut the call. "I love you."

"Good to know." She felt like a shit-heel not being able to say it back.

Falcon laughed and cut the call.

Lunch time came around and there was no sign of Falcon. Danica was on her last nerve, and she was about to go ape shit like Falcon had said she did.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Danica paced all over the house with Bexley and Titus in tow.

"Come on sweetheart, he probably just forgot or got caught in traffic or had something else to do." Titus tried to comfort her, but he was failing miserably.

"He's not Vaughn, Nica. He's a good man, and everyone has nothing but nice things to say about him."

"What the hell would you know?" she snapped at her friend and immediately regretted it.

"Just chill out for a while and wait to see what happens. Falcon is the VP, and he has a lot on his plate right now. Even if he wants to put you first sometimes he won't be able to," Titus said, reminding her what it meant to be a brother's woman.

"I understand that he's the VP and I also know that he won't always put me first I just want to know that he's alright. I can't go through another Vaughn ordeal, not with Falcon." Not with anyone she thought.

Dinner time rolled around and there was still no sign of Falcon and Danica was beyond going ape shit. She was actually eerily calm and that was what worried Bexley.

Falcon's cell phone went to voice mail constantly and by the time ten O'clock rolled around, Danica had given up on him. "I give up, let me know if he ever comes home or which plaything he's sleeping with. I'll be in my room."

"Danica! Come on! you know he's not like that!" Lennox called out after her, but she ignored him.

Was it really that hard to be faithful to her? What was wrong with her? What was missing in her that made men want to sleep with her, claim to love her and then skip out on her? she was beginning to think she was a leper.

Danica knew that Falcon was not the cheating type. Everything about him told her that but she still had her doubts. She knew that he was a busy man, but if he made plans with her, she expected him to follow through and not leave her wondering what the hell he was up to. A quick text would have sufficed with her, giving her the much-needed peace and calm she craved so much but was never able to hold on to.

The door to their bedroom opened and Falcon walked inside as if he had just been through hell.

"Before you rip me a new one, let me explain okay, Dani?" he said.

Danica took in his disheveled appearance and wondered what the hell he had been up to. Her eyes raked all over his body and when they came to the blood on his jeans, she jumped off the bed and rushed to his side. "You're hurt!" She began to untuck his shirt from his jeans, and he took her hands in his gently and stopped her.