CHAPTER 29

Falcon lay in bed sleeping soundly. Melanie had patched him up and wrapped his bruised ribs after he had showered. The pain meds that she had given him had knocked him out completely.

Melanie had decided to stay and talk to Danica about the shooting. She was worried that she would suffer an episode.

"I promise that I feel fine. I don't feel panic, and I don't feel dread," Danica assured her.

"Okay, but if you feel anything, anything at all call me day or night."

"I will. There's only one thing that does worry me, though."

Melanie sat closer to the edge of the couch and listened attentively to her.

"I feel like the other shoe is about to drop. Now that everything is finally good, and I'm happy I feel like..." she trailed off not being able to finish.

"You need to allow yourself to be happy. All the shit in your life is gone, sweetheart. Falcon adores you. He will never hurt you the way other men have hurt you in the past. I guarantee it. Just love each other and be happy together and everything will fall into place."

Danica thanked her and walked her out thankful that everyone had gone home. She had assured everyone that she would be fine as well as Falcon.

The truth was, that she was more than fine. She was finally free. Shooting Charlie had empowered her. She had taken the power back that Cain had stolen from her because of Charlie. She had absolutely no remorse for having taken his life. She only wished she had done it sooner.

After Danica turned all the lights off and made sure that the alarm was set, Danica made her way to the bedroom where the man that held her heart lay asleep.

She stood there for a while just looking at him sleep. Tears filled her eyes just thinking that she could have lost him.

She took a long hot shower and dried herself off and climbed in bed naked next to him. There was no point in wearing clothes when they always ended up on the floor.

She lay as close to him as she could without hurting him. She needed to feel him to make sure that he was really alright.

"I love you so much," she said fighting tears that threatened to spill over.

"I love you too, baby." His voice was groggy. He tried to turn on his side forgetting about his ribs, and he let out a groan as sharp pain coursed through him.

"Stay still Falcon, you need to lay on your back for a few days until the pain gets better."

He shook his head no. "I want to hold you. I need to hold you."

Danica moved her body as close to him as she could and laid her arm over his chest.

He moved his arm and wrapped it around her back and let out a sigh of contentment.

"I want to make love to you baby and feel you around me. I want to fall asleep being inside you. I have this horrible ache in my heart for you. I need you so much." Silent tears fell down the side of his face and Danica reached up and wiped them away with the tips of her fingers.

"I want you to make love to me, babe but you need to heal first. I will not survive if I lose you. We need you to be okay, Falcon, and you promised to give me more children so please, please control your one-eyed monster for a few days."

Falcon laughed and groaned in pain. "Don't make me laugh woman it hurts."

"Sorry, close your eyes and sleep for a while and I will take care of you in the morning, okay?"