CHAPTER 9

Danica put Bexley in Vaughn's room to keep her close. She was not at all together and with the pregnancy everything was just too much to take. The brothers and sisters were not at ease. Stress and fear could be cut with a knife in the Fallen house, and nothing made it easier.

Lennox and Titus were worried about Vaughn's and Maddox's whereabouts. They had both tried calling them, but they got the same result that Danica got...voicemail. 

What had Danica sick to her stomach was not her whenever-the-hell-it-felt-like-it- sickness, it was the drama show that Ruby and Marcy and two other girls made over Vaughn.

Bexley just about went all mamma bear on their asses not standing their stupidity, but Danica had told her to stay put and not make things worse than they already were. They were Club sisters, and they were protected and if Bexley did something to them no matter how much they deserved it, Bexley would be the one in trouble.

Stupid club rules!

The name of the victim had not been announced in the news broadcast but the horrific torture she had suffered had been leaked and everyone sitting in the living room tried not to look at Danica knowing that she had suffered the same fate six years ago.

The look on their faces made Danica leave the room and seek shelter in the kitchen where Slate was busy making dinner.

"How are you holding up?" Slate stopped chopping the potatoes and gave her a smile that relaxed her.

"I hate the pity they all look at me with. Compassion I can take, understanding, fear, disgust even, but not pity. I hate pity looks." She walked to the cupboard and reached up to take a glass. She walked to the refrigerator and pulled out the fresh squeezed orange juice.

The glass she held in her left hand slipped out when her hand cramped and opened involuntarily.

"Damn it!" Danica cried out enraged.

Slate bent to clean the mess up and Titus, Lennox and Bexley showed up worried about her.

"He's out there doing this again!" She pointed to her hand. "He's not just raping them now, he's killing them! When are they going to catch the bastard!" Danica's hands went to her belly where it pinched.

Titus was on her like white on rice and lifted her up in his arms and took her through the house yelling for the Doc to be called.

When she was in bed with a blanket on her and Titus next to her where Vaughn usually slept, her eyes welled up with tears.

"I'm sorry," she said then sniffled.

"The Doc said you're fine and so is the baby. You need to take this calmer. I know it's not easy, but what choice do you have?"

"I just don't know how to feel. I want Vaughn and Maddox safe. My feelings are all over the place."

The realization that her 'get the hell out of dodge' plan was gone should have scared her, but it didn't. The possibility of her never seeing Vaughn again scared her more than anything else in her life. Not because she wanted to be with him but because he had gotten her pregnant and needed to man up. She didn't want to be a single mother, she didn't want his baby to begin with, but she had no choice now. The clock couldn't be turned back.

Sleep was impossible no matter how tired she was. Every time the rumbling of an engine disrupted the quiet night, she would fly downstairs taking the steps two at a time to find someone else walking through the door.

"Sorry, Dani," Blaze, the road captain, said giving her a squeeze on the shoulder as he walked through the front door knowing that she was waiting and by now willing Vaughn and Maddox to be the ones to walk through the door. She needed to know that the bastard that had hurt her was dead. She knew that Vaughn would do that for her or at least she hoped that he would do that for her, but she had no doubt that Maddox would.