CHAPTER 28

Danica stood in the kitchen stirring the chicken noodle soup she had made with the hopes of calming her stomach. She had been sick non-stop for the past two days and she had had a heaviness in her chest. Not being able to communicate with Falcon, she had decided to reach out to Aleksey and ask him to check up on him.

The front door was nearly knocked off its hinges from the loud and hard pounding on it.

Alarmed, Danica walked carefully to the peephole and saw Maddox and more bodies standing outside. She opened the door and let them in. No one said a word as they all filed in including Aleksey and his men.

"Where is Falcon?" she asked holding the area of her chest that had been feeling uneasy the past couple of days.

"Charlie has him, Dani and Vaughn and he's demanding that you go to the warehouse but fuck that!" Maddox bellowed. He paced the living room and pulled at his hair from the stress and rage that coursed through him.

How could they have overlooked that sniveling, traitorous little shit! By the time they had figured it out, Maddox had received a message from Falcon's phone telling him that Charlie had gotten the drop on him and Vaughn somehow and that Danica was to be traded for them.

"Is he hurt?" Danica was grateful for Bex's arms around her. She needed all the support she could get at the moment.

The soup overboiling and spilling from the pot made Danica snap out of her horrible thoughts. She walked behind the kitchen counter and turned the soup she had been looking forward to off. Her appetite was gone and all that remained was dread.

"As far as we know they're not hurt but Charlie said that every hour you don't show he'll put a bullet in them until you do," Titus said, earning a death glare from Maddox.

Danica said nothing. She walked into her and Falcon's bedroom and moments later came back out with her hair up in a high ponytail dressed in her black skinny jeans that still fit her, although a bit snug around her waist. She had her black buckle wrap boots on and one of Falcon's long sleeved shirts on that dwarfed her, but she needed him close to her and that shirt still had his scent on it however faint, but she could smell it just fine.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Maddox stood in front of her blocking her way.

"I'm going to get the father of my child back and kill a little shit for taking him," she said, as calm as she could. She took the gun from the back of her jeans out and showed it to Maddox.

He took it from her so quick that she didn't have time to react. "You're not going anywhere. You're pregnant, and Falcon specifically said to tie you up knowing that you would pull this shit." He gave a nod to the Fallen Angels and Lennox, Titus, Zane and Slate all stormed her and restrained her.

"I will not allow you to get hurt. You have to think about the baby, Dani."

Danica didn't fight the men restraining her. She knew they were only doing it because they cared for her.

"Listen to me, Maddox. I know you will not understand but I can't live without Falcon. He is my heart. We need him, and I'm not going to sit here while some crazy asshole with an infatuation with me hurts him."

"Listen to the shit that's coming out of your mouth! What the hell do you think you're going to do? Storm the warehouse like dirty Harriet and shoot up the place? This is real life baby!"

"I know God damn it! I know what real life is all about! I've been drowning in it since I was born! Falcon pulled me out of the hell I was in. He showed me what it felt like to be loved and cherished and respected and I will be damned if you or anyone tries to take that away from me! Falcon brings out my happy!" She took her eyes off Maddox and looked at Aleksey then at Dmitri. "Control this please."