Chapter 16

The two warriors continued back and forth for several long minutes.

It started with Vegeta being the stronger, but Zarbon refused to be defeated when he still had so much more power he had at his disposal. Sadly he'd have to transform to use it.

"Done already?"

Zarbon laughed, golden eyes turned wild as he looked back at his opponent. "You really have become more powerful, but you are still not powerful enough to beat me," he continued to laugh as the power around him vibrated.

"What are you talking about now pretty boy?"

"I have more power within,"

Vegeta threw his head back and laughed.

"Before you die I will tell you why I don't use this power; my real power,"

Vegeta snickered.

"To bring it forth I have to transform; my body takes on the form of this hideous beast. I love all things that are beautiful, but I will take this form for I prefer to live than die,"

Vegeta kept laughing. "Transform? Like saiyans? Ha! People say crazy things when about to die,"

"I may not become huge like you, but my power does,"

"Let me see," he dared him, he was sick of all this talk.

With a roar, Zarbon threw his arms back as his body expanded. Armor stretched under the strain of his growing body, he'd been tall and well muscular before, but now he was double the size. Smooth, perfect, mint colored skin became wrinkled as scales sprouted forth, and bone pushed against skin as it took on more animalistic facial features. Fangs spilled over his bottom lips as giant claws took the place of once beautiful pristine nails.

And then in another second, the beast charged at Vegeta. Grabbing his head, he continued to beat his head into his. Zarbon would teach Vegeta a lesson in obeying those who are more powerful. He threw the smaller male high into the air and then followed after him into the air. Vegeta just barely got away.

"The truth can sometimes be hard to swallow, but I will tell you something interesting," long pause for dramatic effect. "Frieza can transform too,"

"What!?"

They continued again, back and forth with Zarbon being the clear winner. But it was only when he sent him into the water that the damned saiyan stayed down.

Hovering in the air, Zarbon decided to wait for him to float up dead or swimming to confirm the kill. Frieza would have his head if he didn't. It seemed luck was on his side as the saiyan floated up barely alive, so being the good henchmen he was he picked up the monkey and took him back to the ship so that Frieza could decide what to do with him.

And it seemed he made the right choice as it seemed that the other soldiers had found an abandoned village which after being searched showed it had housed a Dragonball, but that ball was missing.

Frieza turned narrowed red eyes to the battered body of the saiyan prince that had been thrown at his feet. His tanned body covered in tattered armor and clothing, his blood pooled around him from his place on the floor. The monkey was on the verge of death and as much as that pleased him, he needed him alive until he could get the dragon ball, or balls, he'd hidden.

Kagome would have to be locked up in her room until the monkey was healed. If she saw him or even knew that he was on this planet, let alone this ship, she would begin her fight to get away from him anew. He couldn't allow that to happen; she was his; his to control and rule over. She would never be free of him, death would be the only thing that would take her away from him, and even then she wouldn't escape him that easily.

"Put him in one of the tanks so we can interrogate him later," he ordered. "And keep Kagome away from him, she mustn't know he's here."