Chapter 34

Kagome'd come accustomed to seeing and feeling out one's aura, a talent she had picked up from birth but had only come to master through her meditative training. What she lacked in brute strength, she made up for in tactical strategy and superb ki control.

It was because of these talents she could "see" what was happening outside the ship. Five persons' aura's shined brightly as they went up against the red and black aura of Frieza.

Her attention zeroed in on one particular aura. It's dark cobalt coloring somehow bright at the same time reflecting his inner turmoil.

It wavered several times before vanishing without a trace.

"No!" Her fists met with the floor creating a sizable dent. "VEGETA!" her power flared around her coursing through the ship unintentionally frying the machinery. Tears blurred her vision as she screamed at the ceiling. Her body was flashing brightly in between purple and rose gold. A mix of anger and sadness swam in her veins affecting her powers which swirled around her trembling form like tentacles.

The word 'no' toppled from her mouth repeatedly as her fist and body met with the metal of the door. She had to get out, had to get to him, had to save him.

He needed her.

Again and again, she hit the door. Screaming as she did so. She looked to be a wild beast. Her knuckles bloodied and broken.

No.

The door groaned as it bent at the door frame where it would usually slide into the wall to open.

She needed him.

But all too soon the anger; fueled by her lose, faded to pain. Slumping against the door, she hit it weakly.

"No, Vegeta you can't leave me like this," her eyes closing as fat tears fell to the ground. She slid down the door till she dropped to her knees, shaking her head as she did. "We were so close," it came as a broken whisper as she once again weakly hit at the door.

She hugged herself as she cried, screaming out her pain as she did. And then she began to laugh bitterly, Her nearly black eyes shining brightly with malice.

Frieza had finally done it. He'd killed Vegeta just as he'd promised

She continued to cry silently, her eyes now entirely black.

If it were the last thing she did, she would kill Frieza. He would understand the meaning of pain.

Time Skip

The ship shook violently making Kagome fall and the ship rattle. It continued off and on for several agonizingly long minutes, quickly getting worse as time went on.

There was a fierce battle going on that shook the planet to its core. She could feel the power trembling in the air, even taste it. Whoever was fighting, they were going to take the planet with them.

She banged on the door with all her might while calling out for anyone to help her; to open the door at least. She tried everything possible but to no avail.

'Not now! Not like this! I can't die after everything I've gone through! I need to get stronger!'

"Please someone, anyone help me!" she screamed once more, but even she could feel her hope slipping away. She would die with the planet and its people she couldn't protect just like she should have on planet Vegeta.

"Please," she whispered against the door. "I don't want to die,"

The metal of the door groaned, two hands on the side of the door pulling it backward.