Chapter 43

Kagome looked away from Vegeta forcing down the sting of tears. If what Trunks said was true, Vegeta could have moved on to be with his mother.

"Anyways I will be born in two and half years from now. I didn't use the time machine just to come to tell you that; there's something important I want you to know,"

"Oh right, what is it?"

"Three years from now on May 12th around 10 a.m. a fearsome duo, monsters with power beyond your imagination, will appear on an island 9 miles Southwest of South City,"

Both Kagome and Goku's eyes hardened they had been hoping for peace.

"Who are they?" Goku asked.

"Aliens?" Kagome echoed.

"No, they're Androids created on Earth. They were created by Doctor Gero; Chief scientist for the former Red Ribbon Army,"

"The Red Ribbon Army?!" Goku asks in disbelief. Kagome only briefly remembers her brother telling her of the time he had defeated this so-called Army.

"Yes, you did crush the Army itself years before this, but Doctor Gero survived and continued with his research,"

"For what World Conquest again?"

"I can't be sure, but I suspect so," Trunks sighed defeatedly. "He created his ultimate killing machines, mechanical men numbers 17 and 18. And they killed him. The Androids enjoy the slaughter and destruction of anything and everything,"

"Makes Frieza sound like a fly. And you can't beat these things?" Goku asked. Kagome had to disagree, but even then Frieza would simply destroy the earth and be done with it, not drag it out for a long period of time.

"I confronted them. But well there are two of them, after all, fighting alone as I am, I am no match for them,"

"Wait do you not have any allies?" Kagome asked remembering all the times that Goku had told her of all his friends and allies. This World seemed full of strong Fighters.

"There are none, I'm the only one left on Earth,"

Goku and Kagome looked at him in shock.

"Krillin, Yamcha, Piccolo and Vegeta, everyone will all be killed in the battle three years from now. Gohan will escape... Barely. He becomes my master and teaches me to fight, but sixteen years from now he will die too. As you know when Piccolo dies the Dragon Ball will disappear, no one can return from death anymore. The androids prolong the killings for years for their enjoyment. The world I come from is wretched, they're too strong, they're just too strong,"

"Wait! What about me? What happened to me? Did I die fighting them?" Goku asked.

"And me?" Kagome wondered.

Trunks briefly looked at Kagome "As far as I know there has never been a female Saiyan on Earth," He looked to Goku then. "Goku you never got to fight you grow ill, not long from now, and die,"

"What?"

"The virus will attack your heart; not even a super saiyan can defeat this disease,"

"I guess not even senzu beans will work on a virus. Damn... That stinks I wanted to fight them too!" Goku whined sounding much like a toddler on the verge of a fit.

Sweat gathered on both Kagome's and Trunks' brows both in disbelief at how Goku acted after hearing about his demise.

"You're only upset that you can't fight? You're not afraid?"

"Sure I am," he shrugged. "But I gotta know if I can beat the things,"

"You are a true saiyan," Kagome laughed bittering under her breath. It was just like any saiyan to try his hand at getting stronger and testing his limits at any chance he can.