Chapter 44

Red colored Bulma's cheeks, Goku's face was so close to her own.

The initial shock of being manhandled left quickly when said man holding her, nuzzled her hair. So shocked by the behavior Bulma had recoiled, her face that had been pressed into his shoulder now inches from his. Charcoal eyes gleamed intensely, heating with emotions she had thought would only be pointed towards her in a fantasy.

"Goku," her voice was soft, almost pleading as it left her lips. Their faces grew closer, their eyes locked passionately.

Bulma's heart trembled in her chest, his heated breath tingling against her suddenly very dry lips. Licking her lips, his eyes fell to them, heatedly following the slick appendage right to left before it snaked back into her mouth. Her skin heated, burning where his strong arms held her, but it wasn't enough to just be held by him. Heat pooled and coiled into her abdomen, boiling there with an intensity that should have scared her, but she embraced it.

"Bulma," There was no running from the truth, she had come to terms with her feelings, but whatever doubt she may have had vanished at the intensity she felt for him at that moment.

"Bulma!"

"Bulma?" bright blue blinked rapidly as the memory faded from her vision to reveal a curious woman with raven hair and equally blue eyes. "Are you alright? You have drool on your chin," There was a teasing tone to her voice that had the young genius blushing.

The bluenette quickly wiped at the drool, slightly mortified she'd been caught daydreaming about one of the many almost kisses between Goku and her. They just kept getting interrupted!

Goku and Kagome had been staying with her for almost two weeks, and every time she and Goku were alone, on the verge of a kiss, they'd be interrupting. It was mostly by their friends and Gohan. The others always found their way to wherever Bulma and Goku were hidden.

And to top it off she still hadn't been able to tell him how she feels!

Kagome was the only one not to intentionally disturb them unless it was night, she apparently had horrible nightmares and feared to sleep alone, so Goku usually kept her company. And that was understandable; the girl was still in recovery from her ordeal, and on a new planet. Although it would be nice if Vegeta would grow a pair and comfort the woman he supposedly loves, but no, the two couldn't even be in the same room. The tension between them was unbearable!

"Sorry Kagome," Bulma flushed while Kagome simply smiled gently.

"It's alright, you didn't have to invite me to go shopping with you if there is something else you'd rather be doing,"

'Like your brother,' again blush rose to Bulma's face. The thought having almost come out much to her embarrassment. "Of course not! This is the perfect way for us to get to know each other and become friends," she beamed. And she honestly did want to be friends with the other woman, it had been a long time since she'd had a female friend.

"It's been a long time since I've had a friend," sadness clouded the face of the slightly older woman. Bulma's heart went out to her, she only knew a little of what the saiyan had experienced from Goku and what Vegeta had told her about Frieza. And as much as she wanted to ask, to offer her support, Bulma hesitated as they were still just getting to know each other.

"Well, I hope one day you can see me as one," Bulma offered with a gentle smile.

Kagome gave her a soft smile in return. 'I already do, I'm just scared. This is all new to me,'

"Alright I think we got everything we'll need for today," she gestured to their full hands and the gentlemen behind them with full arms. "With the company party with Taisho Corp. in two days, I'm glad we were able to find outfits for you and the guys,"