Chapter 22

Flying back to where his group had set up camp. Gohan felt the presence of Vegeta's ki, not wanting conflict with the older and more powerful saiyan. He chose to hide on one of the islands in the hope he would just fly away.

He was trying his best to hide his power, but he just couldn't stop thinking about that village and that it was most likely Vegeta who had killed all of them. 'Come on, calm down,' he urged silently within his hiding place.

Feeling Vegeta's ki above him caused his body to tremble fearfully. He'd gotten so powerful in such a short amount of time, would his dad be able to save them from him and Frieza? Of course, but that thought did little to calm his growing fear of death. He wasn't ready to die.

'Please go away,' his heart hammered against his ribs, pounding loudly within his own ears that he fears Vegeta would hear it too.

"I know you're there so come out. Otherwise, I'll start shooting at everything in sight until I find you," Vegeta called out.

Gohan groaned as he looked at the dragon ball in his hand.

"Come out! This is your last chance,"

'I'm going to have to show myself,' he thought while worrying his bottom lip but he couldn't fight Vegeta and win, that'd be suicide. What was he to do?

All the sudden his energy began to grow. 'Oh no, he'll kill me with that kind of attack,'

"Wait!"Setting the ball down he swallowed his fear. 'Hopefully, it's safe here,'

The energy vanished.

Crawling up the rock Gohna got his first good look at Vegeta since arriving on Namek. "Stop, here I am,"

"The son of Kakarot, I should have known it was you. So we meet again," He landed only three feet away, and the power he radiated made Gohan shiver with a mixture of fear and anger. "I just meet with your friends, and I suspected you would be close by,"

His eyes widen. 'What did he do to them?' And then he stopped something else tucked away into his side. "It's a dragon ball! Where'd you get that from?!"

Vegeta laughed. "It was a gift from the bald one and the woman,"

"You better not of hurt them you monster!" he yelled angrily clenching his fists, his eyes filling with tears.

"I didn't touch them," he froze, his mouth ajar as he stared. "Because I now have all the dragon balls I was, as you say; merciful,"

'He thinks he has all of them,'

"What's that in your hand?" Vegeta leaned closer causing Gohan to jump back and hold the radar close to his chest.

"It's a watch?"

Vegeta snorted. "Really? With all the technological advances your race has created, you're trying to tell me that's a watch?"

"Y-yes! It's an antique!" Gohan cried quickly.

"Oh well, boy tell me is your father on this planet?"

"N-no, I don't know w-where my daddy is,"

Vegeta gave a sad sort of huff before raising his hand to Gohan's head. Gohan flinched as the large male gently patted his head. "That's horrible,"

When Vegeta did nothing, Gohan opened his eyes to look into Vegeta's that looked down at him sadly. "That's too bad you know because we are the last of our proud saiyan race. We should look out for one another,"

Gohan just looked up at him in awe.

"So I'll give you some advice, stay out of my way and be careful not to die," With that Vegeta left leaving Gohan frozen in place. This was a new side of Vegeta that he had never before seen or even thought existed. When he'd touched his head, it was so gentle, and he had smiled so kindly. Even his last words had been soft, in a way anyways.

Could it be that Vegeta wasn't all that evil?