Chapter 42

The goldenly light that had consumed two of the three persons died down to reveal the natural black hair and dark eyes of Goku and the lavender-haired boy from earlier.

The z-warriors approached cautiously, although they knew one of the three to be Goku they hadn't who the boy or the ravened haired woman were. For all, they knew the three could start an all-out brawl if the fight between the two males were anything to go off of. Their power levels had been so massive that the warriors would have only been in the way if they thought about helping.

Vegeta's heart raced, each beat thundering in his ears. It rang out as if to be heard, forcing her to look and confirm her identity. He prayed for it to be her. There couldn't possibly be another; it could only be her.

He walked ahead of the others in a zombie-like a state, his feet moving on their own as his mind reeled.

Why did she stand so close to him: Kakarot? Had she taken another? Did she love him? Could she forgive him?

Kagome...

He hadn't realized he said her name aloud till she turned.

Raven hair swayed around blocking her view before it came to rest in unruly waves down her shoulder. His breath hitched at the sight of a perfect heart-shaped face, pale eyes the shade of sapphires searched the horizon between flutters of her long lashes that brushed her cheeks, slightly parted pouty pink lips twitched as she looked.

He couldn't move no matter how much he willed himself to. She was here, standing right in front of him; the dragon had been right; she lived. She stood there and stared straight back at him.

Her eyes grew sad turning dark in color, almost black before she looked away to stare at the lavender-haired boy.

His heart plummeted to his stomach. He'd never wanted to die so much.