CHAPTER #8

After Rekka told Cobra everything about her past, she didn't expect him to ever call her back for another date.  She got depressed, because of the lost knives and she'd really liked Cobra. To cheer her up, Masaki invited her to come on a job with them.

"Do I need my gun?"

"No."

"I doubt you need me then," Rekka replied.

"The job is in Little Asia."

"I'll wear my other two knives."

She retraced her steps to Takeru's old room and unwrapped two more blades, before strapping them to her legs.  On her return to the kitchen where the brothers waited, a spider ran right in front of her.  With a yell, she jumped onto a chair.

"What are you doing?" Hiroto asked.

"SPIDER!" Her hand trembled as it pointed at the offending insect, her voice high pitched like a little girl.

"You're scared of spiders?"

"JUST KILL IT ALREADY!!!"

Hiroto rolled his eyes and put his heal down on the spider, smashing it into the floor board. "Satisfied?"

"Are you sure it's dead?"

Masaki laughed, "you're such a child."

"Shut up." Rekka got down and put on her riding boots. "Let's go."

"What's the job?" Hiroto asked.

"Pick up a cooler, deliver it, pick up the cash and return to the original location."

"Sounds like we're transporting body parts," Rekka observed.

"We're not opening the cooler, so whatever it is, won't be known to us. The payment is great, even splitting it three ways." Masaki handed out their motorcycle keys and led them to where their bikes were parked.

Rekka rode behind the two brothers, she'd done jobs like this one in the past.  Sometimes there was serious trouble, especially if the body parts came from a rival gang.  She would be ready for anything and wanted a good fight, since it had been a while. The pick up went fine. The cooler was on her bike, using her helmet straps to keep it in place.  Now they rode three across, with Rekka in the middle.  Delivery of the package went without problems, it was the cash delivery, that had them stopped by four cars of thugs.

"It's that bitch again," the short thug said. "Ryu said to watch out for her knives."

"We have guns." The muscular thug replied. "Hey you, give us the cash."

"Fuck you," Rekka replied and unbuckled the knives.

"So you're gonna make it the hard way. This is Little Asia, no one cares if you die."

Hiroto smirked, "exactly."

"Shut up boy," said an older thug with a protruding belly.

"The only one who tells my brother what to do is me," Masaki said.

"Liar, he doesn't listen to you," Rekka laughed.

"Well he should, I'm the oldest after all."

Hiroto rolled his eyes, "you're an ass."

"Little girl you didn't learn your lesson the first time, now you want us to kill the rest of your family?"

"What?"

"Your father and stepmother begged for their lives and so should you."

"Why would you bother with some unknowns?" Rekka asked in disbelief.