CHAPTER #16

The next day, wearing new jeans bought by Rekka, Eri rode with her to Nameless City.  Tsukasa got a ride from Yamato, to escort Eri as she visited with her friends.  That impressed Rekka, that he cared enough to do that for Eri.  At one point, when he noticed she was getting tired, Tsukasa piggy-backed her through the streets.  Cobra followed them, as Takeshi debriefed what he'd found out about Ryu and Bulge.  Rekka learned that Bulge had another hang out, which she didn't know about.  While discussing Ryu, Rekka got a call from Cobra.

"Eri wants to go to the highest point of Nameless City, how are we going to make that happen?"

"She'll need to be strapped to one of us.  Not just anyone can get up that high, safely."

"Do you guys have a harness here?" Cobra asked one of the Rude Boys.

"No, but maybe we can make one?"

Rekka could hear them, as they both had the conversation on speakerphone. "Give me an hour. Maybe you and Tsukasa can take Eri for lunch and give her a rest.  A window washer harness would work right Takeshi?"

Takeshi nodded, "we can modify it if necessary... .  Are you taking her up or am I?"

"You give me too much credit." She ended the call with Cobra.

"I've seen what you can do.  I might have been a kid back then, but I remember the Dark Rider."

Rekka kissed his cheek, making Takeshi blush. "I'll climb with you part of the way, but she's safer strapped to you."

"Okay.  See you later, I'll go tell Cobra and the others what we have planned."

Putting on her motorcycle helmet, Rekka mounted her Streetfighter motorcycle.  It roared to life and she rode off, back tire fish tailing on the dirt and debris.  She had an acquaintance that was a high-rise cleaner and maintenance worker.  If anyone could figure out a harness for Eri, it was him.  However Rekka knew it would cost a lot of money to have a special harness created in such short time.  First she rode home and got two rolls of cash.  Her brothers were out on a job, so she left them a quick hand written note about Bulge and Ryu.  Then she remounted the motorcycle and flew down the streets, back to Sannoh, Cobra's district.  It didn't take her long to find the guy she needed.  But he was high up on a construction site.  Disregarding the safety manager, wearing only a hard hat, Rekka began to climb up the scaffolding.  When it ended, her transition to the steel skeleton of the building, made the ground workers swear anxiously.  She didn't hear it and didn't look down, knowing better.

"Damn it NIKO!  I know you can see me, get your ass down here!"

He laughed and shouted, "are you out of shape Rekka?"

"Fuck you!"

Still laughing, the worker, descended. "What are you doing here?"

Rekka explained what she wanted. "How much are you going to charge me for this? I need it now."

"Let's go down to my truck.  You said this is for a kid who's dying from Nameless City's toxic sickness?"

"Yeah.  She helped take down Kuryu group and the corrupt government officials involved."

"Half price.  Are you taking her up or Takeshi?"

"Niko, how do you know Takeshi?"

"He helped me once, let's leave it at that... .  Race you down?"

"No way, you'll win.  But time is of the essence, so let's go!"

It took Rekka longer to go down, then it had to go up.  When the safety manager saw her with Niko, he backed off.  By the time she got back to solid ground, Niko was already making the harness.  He explained how to fasten it and then had her put it on and clip to him. "This will be crucial for Takeshi to maintain balance, while going up and down the structure."