Chapter - 10

Camila P.O.V

"No!! You aren't getting it, Cheech!! She called me 'Camila'. She never does that!!"

Dinah peers at me from behind her locker door. "What does she call you then? Daddy???"

I feel my face get hot instantly. Yeah, Monday morning Dinah Jane is a handful-

"Oh, come on! Don't make it weirder than it already is for me, Dinah!!" I huff out, dropping my head on the books in my arms.

Dinah smirks, her perfectly manicured nails dragging along the spines of books in her locker. "It's not weird when you're both gay, Chancho. You just need . . ." she lifts one long finger in thought, then her face erupts in enlightenment, "Ah! A better wing-woman! And, my Lord-" she dramatically bows her head with her hand going down in a flourish, "I'd be honored to offer my services."

"Dinah, for the thousandth time, she's not gay!!" I groan from under my books.

"Mhmm! And, I hate Beyoncé!!"

"Can we change the topic, please?" I ask, looking up, defeated.

"You were the one who started this topic, you pig." Her hand comes up and shoves my head playfully.

I chuckle.

Really, I can't help it. Dinah's mere presence can make me feel better within seconds, and all she has to do is shove my head like that. Sometimes, I wonder why I was even blessed with a friend as good as her.

She tilts one of the spines of her collection of textbooks, looks at it for a moment and then takes it out fully to shove it on her waiting hand. "You have Bio for the first hour, right?"

"Mhmm . . ." I hum, absentmindedly, looking at her nails.

She must have had it done during the weekend, I suppose. I mean, she goes partying all the time. So, it's not really a big surprise if you ask me. I would be worried if she didn't do it, honestly. She didn't invite me, of course.

I hate parties.

She knows that. And, she respects my wishes more than anybody else, ever.

Like, she forced me to go this one time. I tried talking her out of it, but she begged soooooo much that it felt like I was denying a cute puppy from its cuddles. And who am I to say no to that? So, I went, got a panic attack from the amount of people who tried to talk to me, all at once, drained the blood outta my face so hard, to the point where I was a walking vampire, threw up a bunch of times even when I didn't even touch a bit of alcohol, scared the shit out of Dinah, made her get me home as quick as possible and making her crap her pants apologizing to me and promising to never ask me to come to a party ever again.

Yeah, it was a wild night. So, if you see Dinah flinching to the moon when you say the words 'Camila' and 'Party' together, then now you know why-

"Chancho, your gay is showing . . !" Dinah sing-songs, as she pulls me out of my thoughts.

And just then I realize, I've been watching her hands the whole time while thinking about puking in a party. I mentally face-palm.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

"Everybody, please pick-up your lab coats and safety goggles from the shelf. I expect us to be starting any minute now," Mrs. White, our Biology teacher, calls out to the entire mass of student in the lab to begin our class on dissection.