Chapter - 21 : Bananas and Cookie Dough

(A/N:  Me, one moot court competition, some drama with my seniors, another moot court competition, assignments for 4 subjects which we had to write, presentation for the same 4 subjects, initiating a girls cricket team for the first time ever in my college and conducting a match for sports day, internal examinations, one empirical research paper, death of my closest friend's father, an Indian wedding, helping someone with a confidential work, suicide of another one of my friends, and preparation for my upcoming viva, later:

Also, TRIGGER  WARNING: Attempt to rape and abuse in this chapter, folks, kindly skip the part in between these flags - 🚩🚩 if it triggers you.

Anyways, imma stop talking now, enjoy!!)

Lauren P.O.V:

Wanna know what the hell happened?

Oliver Bucket.

That's what happened.

One moment I'm giddy like I've been going round in circles at the ferry wheel because Camila somewhat accepted us to be together 'romantic stylez' in the canteen restroom, and the next thing I know I'm being pulled aside by none other than Oliver fucking Bucket, almost breaking my arm under his grip.

"We need to talk." He says, like he fucking owns me.

Well, guess what? He doesn't.

"No, we don't." I state, before pulling my arm out of his grip and starting to walk across the canteen.

Annoyingly so, I hear footsteps behind me. Lanky fingers wrap around my arm again and I'm pulled to a stop before I can even say- "What-?!"

"You won't be so sure about yourself when we're done talking, Lauren." His whiney voice draws out.

I blink. The audacity this bitch has, coming and talking to me like this-

"We . . . are already done . . . talking . . ." I grit out through my teeth, calming my boiling blood.

Camila's worked so hard into keeping my anger in check and I don't wanna waste it on this jack-ass.

A beat of silence passes.

"It's about you and your girlfriend." He then says, and my heart stops.

Girlfriend? Does he mean Camila?!

I furrow my brows together. Don't people already know about me and Camila? What's so pressing that egg-face here is waiting to make himself cracked open about??

Sensing that I'm not going anywhere until he elaborates on whatever the hell he was saying, he continues.

"It's no doubt that the whole school knows about you and Cabello." He takes up a serious tone of voice, that's almost comical if not for the topic of Camila hanging over our heads. "Y'all were literally caught in the janitor's closet smushing booties, weren't you??"