Chapter 22 : Safe

Camila P

Camila P.O.V:

I wake up feeling comfortable.

Too comfortable for my liking, if I'm being honest.

Everything's soft and warm and fuzzy and cuddly and-

Wait a dang minute-

I open my eyes properly to the sight before me; or the lack of it. My vision is completely marred by an ocean of thick, black, extremely soft hair that strangely smells like my favourite shampoo. I lean my head back, trying to decipher what in the whole world is going on, but I find myself unable to move much, something stopping me from distancing myself properly.

Then I realise that it's my left hand; it's stuck, almost impossible to break free. It's enveloped in pure heat, everything feeling unfathomably soft around it.

It's Lauren.

She's holding down my hand in a deadly grip around her mid-section, enabling me to completely engulf her like a giant spoon. Our bodies are flushed together, every inch of us woven tightly, with both of us on our sides, facing the same direction. It's extremely intimate and my stomach does a couple of back flips.

Then, a part of my brain starts working and I become aware of the position my legs are in. They're completely intertwined with Lauren's, safe and secure.

In an instant I understand what is going on, and panic immediately settles down the pit of my stomach. I try and push against the force that's holding me in place as gently as possible but everything in front of me is so supple and delicate that all my twisting and turning achieved was for me to sink into a more comfortable embrace.

Oh, crap-

This is ridiculous. I should not be finding this enjoyable!

Lauren's just been in a traumatic event and I-

I should not be taking advantage of her like this!

I twist my left arm once again, trying desperately to free it. But every time I move it, Lauren subconsciously tightens her grip, as if her whole life depends on it, grumbling something in her sleep and pulling me closer to her even more than we already are, if that's even possible. She curls herself further, almost into a ball, and pulls me along with her like a blanket.

Her butt digs and lodges itself directly against my hip's front, firmly settling comfortably, sliding into place, like how two Lego pieces fit together satisfyingly with a soft click.

She hums in contentment, lulling back to sleep, pleased with her new position.

Oh, sweet heavens!

How am I supposed to function when she does things like this?!

Snap out of it, Mila! You have a task at hand!