Chapter - 20

(A/N: Welcome to the begining of the end.

*I lowkey always wanted to say that sentence T_T*)

Camila P.O.V:

It's Friday evening. Normally, I'd go and help the teachers with something but this time I don't have the energy to do so.

Lauren just straight out drained whatever was left of me and sucked it all into herself. If you thought last week was exhausting for me, guess what's been happening for the past whole day?

"Hey, Jauregui!" I call out to her as I make my way out to the parking lot.

She turns around from where she was about to get into her car. Green eyes fall on me and she takes one look before lifting her chin in acknowledgement, sliding into the driver seat, slamming the door shut and riding off at top speed past me.

See what I mean?

She's been doing that for the last 2 days. Avoiding me at every corner. Always looking over her shoulder for me and running away if I try to get near her. It's frustrating. Especially after we got along well in the canteen restroom yesterday. She's so hot and cold, it's driving me nuts.

To make matters worse, the weekend is here and we've already skipped our project one week. We simply have to work this weekend or I might have to slave her during week days. And she hates ultimatums.

I huff out a breath, scratching the nape of my neck in frustration.

This is getting nowhere.

I drag my feet along to my car, defeated.

***

Me: does the word 'project' ring any bells?

I tap my fingers on my desk, shaking my leg impatiently for Lauren's reply to my text. The comfort of my room is no use here, as incredible heat rushes up to my face with anticipation. School day's over and I should be feeling relieved; not anxious.

Seen

My heart stops as 3 tiny dots appear on the screen, indicating that she's typing. I almost drop my phone, trying to get a closer look. But then, the dots disappear. Only to reappear and disappear again.

Okay, this is pure torture.

I start typing, unable to wait.

My stomach flips twice as our messages appear on the screen at the exact same time.

Lauren: Post-pone.

Me: we've already procrastinated long enough lauren

I do a double-take.

Post-pone?

We have been doing that for the past 2 weeks, come on!

I wait for a whole five minutes for her to say something, anything. But it never comes.

I huff out a breath, putting my phone down and giving up. I rub my face with my palms, trying to control the irritation bubbling inside me.

What the heck is her problem?!

I've done everything in my power to ensure that there is no bad-air between us. But, she insists on not clearing it when she herself conjures one up. No matter what I do, I'm doing something wrong.

I sit in silence, contemplating what I'm doing wrong.

What if I haven't tried hard enough or put in more efforts??