Chapter One

While watching the lowly cultivators struggle against the resentful spirits on the ground Wei Ying could only look up and see the bodies of his family hanging from the noose...

"How did it come to this? Why did it come to this"

With a smirk he walked towards the nightless city as the voices screamed in his head about revenge and laughed as he ghosted towards the ones that should be punished and yet even if they occupied his head none knew what his true plan was, no one knew Wei Wuxian no one would ever know the truth behind his smile and tonight they would all see it for what it is!

He sat and heard Jin GuangShan make his speech as his sister and brother's ashes was tossed into the air then heard of how they were to storm his home to end his life, the hatred he felt fueled by the resentful spirits that he and his ChenQing carried almost bathed the roof top as he laughed at the irony of it all.

"Tonight, it is the two bandit chieftains here whose cremains were scattered... tomorrow it will be the rest if the wen Clan's last dregs. and also, the Yiling Patriarch Wei Ying, Wei WuXian!"

Every clan leader looked up shocked to see Wei WuXian sitting among one of the demon stones and if he had not made a sound no one would've known that he was there in the first place as the resentful energy hovered around him and caressed his petite frame like a lover's hand. After the initial shock every bowman aimed their arrows at him while the rest drew their swords.

"Wei WuXian"

"Wei Ying, how dare you show up here!" sneered Jin GuangShan as he stood proudly in his mourning robes.

"Why can't I be here? Don't forget back in the sunshot campaign, I alone fought five thousand men, not to mention three thousand more, besides my presence is just what you all want... isn't it?" asked Wei Ying

As his voice held vemon with every word his face was that of calm waters displaying no emotion whatsoever, dead...if they Had to see him up close, they would see that he looked dead, that he had nothing to live for, nothing to lose, empty eyes, with no life behind them and the person now was just that a breathing shell of nonexistence.

"Arrogant lout!" shouted Nie MingJue

Wei Ying smirked as he spun ChenQing in his hand.

"Clan Leader Nie, I have always been arrogant like this." Wei Ying smirked "Clan leader Jin, I have a question for you when my elder sister and younger brother went up to carp tower to hand themselves over, who said that it would be the end? that I and the rest of our family would be safe from harm?... now who said he would scatter the cremains of the rest of the Wen Clan's last dregs and mine?" asked Wei Ying, knowing fully well that he was angering the snake further.

"Those are two different things, Wei Ying. In the assault of Qiongqi way, you slaughtered over a thousand Jin disciples of the Jin Clan..." started Jin GuangShan but was interrupted by Wei Ying's laughter.

"A thousand you say!" He Shouted, "Clan Leader Jin, you are great at exaggerating are you not? only three hundred Jin's was there along with a few Lan sect disciples, so instead I ask why is it that the Gusu Lan Sect and the Jin sect would attack me, whose death was wanted, who plotted that? who fell into that ambush?" asked Wei Ying

"You placed the thousand whole curse on Jin ZiXun, you had the ghost general kill my only son!" Shouted Jin GuangShan

"As you all can see I have no mark of the curses backlash nor do I know how to use such a curse" Wei Ying said as he bore his chest open for the culticational world to see

"And even if I did why would I use such a way to kill a person when watching the light fade from their eyes as my sword plunges into their hearts... no I was not the one who had done it, the person who had used spiritual energy to place the curse, I have demonic energy... resentful energy, Yin energy, it would've killed him faster and as for your son..." Wei Ying sighed as he smiled