Chapter Twenty-Nine

Lan Zhan did not how Long he sat there meditating, controlling Wei Ying's Flux as he got the story from SuiBian as ChenQing was still not speaking she felt too guilty, sealing herself away from everyone but the XuanWu. The fear that Lan Zhan felt at losing Wei Ying was too deep for him to comprehend as his own chest hurt at the thought, while this negative emotion settled the seed that had grew with his torture, grew with the strong emotion causing Lan Zhan to feel the pain and misinterpreted at he was feeling Wei Ying's pain.

Lan Zhan learned that Wei Ying had completed his celestial core and that it was too strong that it was ChenQing suggestion to put Lan Zhan to sleep as they both believed that it was easy enough without help and that she also knew that Wei Ying harbored guilt over Lan Zhan having her Yin course through their bond.

But the resentment had gathered within the sword because both Lan Zhan and Wei Ying had made a mistake, the tamed and purified the Xuanwu first instead of the sword, Subian went on to say that the pain they all felt was terrifying it was as though they were being destroyed on the inside that is when Wei Ying opened himself up to save them all.

Lan Zhan heard this but could also hear the sorrow in Suibian's voice speaking of the pain they had endured and how his voice was blocked out when he screamed as Wei Ying opened himself for Wei Ying to stop but it was too late, Wei Ying had cracked his newly formed core cleansing his instruments, protecting the XuanWu but it was ChenQing voice that broke his heart as he heart her broken voice of a thousand sorrows stating that it was her fault, if she had not gone wild she could've woken him up sooner than this would not have happened.

But Lan Zhan understood, ChenQing, SuiBian and quite possibly the Xuanwu was born to protect the selfless man as the burial mounds chose to protect and nurture him as a child so mindless rage and worry was to be expected if they could not as they were meant to.

"Not ChenQing's fault" said Lan Zhan as he paused in passing his own cultivation and looked at the smoking Dizi who laid in sorrow next to the Yin Hufu on Wei Ying's chest as suibian materialized and placed his own tiny hand on them both "Wei Ying protected what is important, Wei Ying will always be selfless."

Lan Zhan looked up at the cavern before a small, yet fragile tortoise materialized and made its way slowly to Lan Zhan only to fall off Wei Ying chest and end up on its shell, Lan Zhan seeing this picked it and bought it to his face and was surprised.

The Xuanwu of slaughter no longer looked as it did as its head and shell had bright green moss as its shell was a blue as the bluest lake, although its eyes was still yellow it was no longer blinded nor was there any malice to it and when it opened it's mouth and hissed Lan Zhan noticed that no longer was there jagged teeth that could maim and kill a person but rather the what should be in there.

"As I have changed so has he" said ChenQing as she appeared taking the entire cave with her body "Yet he is the Túlù Xuánwǔ he is also now the Xuándì"

"The divine beast has reincarnated" said Lan Zhan softly as he looked at the tortoise who seemed to grow angry and change back to it's former self, Lan Zhan then took out a green leaf from it's pack and the Xuanwu changed and gently took the left and began eating.

"No not reincarnated, deformed" stated Suibian

"The immortal Xuándì had children, her egg was stolen and placed with the cultivator who had the Yin Tie at the time, the resentment changed the egg and thus the Xuanwu of slaughter was born growing on the victims that it ate, the souls it consumed from the Yin tie"

"A heaven's deformity" stated Lan Zhan as he continued to feed the Xuanwu but then listened and heard the rocks shifting ChenQing raised her head and tasted the air as Lan Zhan grabbed hold of Bichen.