Chapter Six

They all saw the expression on his face as he walked forward and watched as his expression was a Melancholy a sombre, a dark cloud of angst and sadness, pain and loneliness and yet his eyes held  the reflection of the same Wei Ying that they knew, the prodigy, the mischievous boy that knew not when he was flirting, the boy the world had previous killed not once but twice. Nie HuaiSang, Jin ZiXuan and the Wen sibling's bowed

"Greetings and welcome Yiling patriarch" Jin ZiXuan, Nie HuaiSang, Wen Qing and Wen Ning bowed smiling

"Who?" asked Hao Mei as ZeWu-Jun and Lan Zhan could not stop staring at the man in front of them.

Wei Ying was wearing his black and red robes as before they entered the empathy, but the difference was the outer robe that was the shade of charcoal with the compass of ill winds at the hems of his sleeves and it bellowed just as the Lan outer robes, and in his hand was a Dizi instead of his sword and his hair was down that it now hung freely to his lean waist with the whisps that still hung on his face and the top was still tired with a now tattered red ribbon. but hearing his title a smile playful smile appeared on Wei Ying's lips, Lan Zhan wondered what had happened but knew that he would find out soon enough.

"Wei Ying, his title that the cultivational world gave him was the Yiling patriarch" said Nie HuaiSang

"A misinformed title, but Yiling praised him as their protector never allowed any harm to come to them even from the cultivators themselves" said Wen Qing as she folded her arms.

As the scene unfolded when something struck him as odd, he only realized what it was when his own thoughts was heard as clear as day light, Wei Ying went red as he side eyed Lan Zhan who was as expressionless as ever but ZeWu-Jun on the other hand was smiling as he watched, even he noticed that his own brother felt something for the Jiang disciple, the months passed and it froze and everyone turned when they saw exactly what happened when Wei Ying fell into the waterborne Abyss.

"You had manipulated the resentment even back then?" Asked ZeWu-Jun

"I tried cleansing it piece by piece, but it attacked me," said Wei Ying

"I see now, this is why the water was saturated in your essence, back then you tried to cleanse each corpse not taking into the account that the Abyss was a whole being, this time you cleansed the whole being" said Jin ZiXuan

"How did you know to do that?" asked Wen Qing

"Doesn't matter I still got tainted by it" said Wei Ying as he looked back and continued

Once again, they stood and watched as Lan Zhan pulled him out.

Lan Zhan, why do you have to grab my collar while saving me?... I'm almost out of air!" Wei Ying said dramatically making them laugh and himself pout.

"I avoid physical contact with others," said Lan Zhan

"ZeWu-Jun?" called Wei Ying quite surprised.

"As I have said Wei Ying you are the first person Wangji has touched besides myself" smiled ZeWu-Jun

They watched on as Lan Zhan kept denying that they were close. They also saw that instead of looking after Wei Ying they instead were more concerned by the waterborne abyss that had not been purged and the destruction that awaited them.

"This is what could've happened" said ZeWu-Jun as he was watching everything while he realized the Wei Ying here was not ok.

"It did not happen yes that is what happened," said Wei Ying

they listened as they spoke of what would happen, they saw how Wei Ying spoke about the about the waterborne Abyss and ZeWu-Jun knew what was coming next as he looked on, first thing he never knew that Wei Ying was this perceptive and neither expected that Jin ZiXuan would stick up of Wei Ying and everyone looked at him while Jin ZiXuan blushed.