𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 - 𝙙𝙪𝙚𝙡 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙚

i realized before publishing this is similar to the signora thingy in genshin, 'duel before the throne' LOL
enjoy, as this is a longer chapter. ALSO,,8; if the game confused you dw it confused me too, i struggling to come up with something 😭😭 i came up with it bedore i wnt to bed.

—  — —

there was one final person who arrived at the venue, and they looked horrified. sweat was dripping down their forehead, and you couldn't help but cringe.
it was probably their first game. . . anyway, this made 12 players. an equal amount.
sliding that aside, your phone lit up and the chime effect came slowly after.

𝙍𝙀𝙂𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙄𝙎 𝙉𝙊𝙒 𝘾𝙇𝙊𝙎𝙀𝘿. 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙈𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙎𝙃𝙊𝙍𝙏𝙇𝙔.
you stared down at your phone as it displayed the game.

𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀: 𝘿𝙐𝙀𝙇 𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙊𝙉𝙀.

"duel against the throne? will guns be involved?" you asked out loud.
chishiya shrugs his shoulders. "dunno. but that seems to be the most reasonable option,"

the announcer on the phone continues to speak as they go over the game rules. you stand completely puzzled. the rules were complicated and there were so many rules to follow to begin with.

𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙔𝙊𝙉𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝘽𝙀 𝙂𝙄𝙑𝙀𝙉 𝘼 𝙋𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙇.
𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙈𝙐𝙎𝙏 𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘿 𝘼 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙉𝙀𝙍 𝙊𝙁 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝘾𝙃𝙊𝙄𝘾𝙀.

𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙉𝙀𝙍 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝘿𝙐𝙀𝙇 𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏 𝙏𝙒𝙊 𝙊𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙔𝙀𝙍𝙎. 𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍 𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙊𝙐𝙂𝙃 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙋𝙄𝙏𝘾𝙃-𝘽𝙇𝘼𝘾𝙆 𝘾𝙊𝙍𝙍𝙄𝘿𝙊𝙍 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 𝙊𝙉𝙇𝙔 𝘼 𝘾𝘼𝙉𝘿𝙇𝙀 𝙁𝙊𝙍 𝙇𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙎𝙐𝙋𝙋𝙊𝙍𝙏 𝙏𝙊 𝙍𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙃 𝘼 𝙇𝙄𝙏 𝙍𝙊𝙊𝙈. 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀, 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙁𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙊𝙋𝙋𝙊𝙎𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙏𝙀𝘼𝙈.

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘼𝙇 𝙏𝙒𝙊 𝙋𝘼𝙄𝙍𝙎 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙈𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙄𝙍 𝙒𝘼𝙔 𝙏𝙊 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙎 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝙐𝙀𝙇 𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙊𝙉𝙀. 𝙏𝙃𝙊𝙎𝙀 𝙒𝙃𝙊 𝙒𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘿𝙐𝙀𝙇 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝘽𝙀 𝘾𝙍𝙊𝙒𝙉𝙀𝘿 𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎/𝙌𝙐𝙀𝙀𝙉𝙎

you shook your head in confusion. chishiya glanced over at you, and you looked up. "i'm so confused.." you exhaled.
chishiya nodded. "pretty deep rules." he replied.

"i'll make it through. i have experience with duels." you said, that burning hope shining in your heart.

𝘿𝙄𝙁𝙁𝙄𝘾𝙐𝙇𝙏𝙔: 9 𝙊𝙁 𝙎𝙋𝘼𝘿𝙀𝙎

you blinked, squinting. "then this might just be harder then we think." you observed.
you gazed over at chishiya, moving your back off the wall. "chishiya, let's pair up." you offered.
you didn't hold out your hand.

"not gonna look at anyone else?" he asked.
you glanced back up. "no. i mean, we came here as a pair, so why not pair up?"

chishiya sighed and nodded, giving you a gaze of approval to your offer. "fine. then, let's pair up and make it to the finals."
you watched everyone else pair up.

you waited.
you must've zoned out during a rule, because chishiya brought up something you didn't know was discussed. "the announcer says we'll be heading into the door that's covered in roses." he leans down and points at the door.