𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 ☆ 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨

you watched as chishiya kept an eye out. he was silent majority of the time.
every once and awhile, chishiya would glance back to check up on your injury.

humming a random melody, you joined chishiya in looking around shortly after despite his complaints.
"you should rest if you want to get out of here safely." chishiya looked over as you were peeking up from the car.

silence filled the area, and you yawned before speaking. "i'll fall asleep if i keep sitting around."

chishiya groaned, lowering his head. fighting his annoyance, he spoke. "i'd rather you fall asleep then have your injury begin to bleed again." chishiya said.

"i don't want to sleep." you replied.
"you're complaining like a baby.. you know what. just.. do whatever you want. i'm not responsible." chishiya sighed.

chishiya stared up into the sky, and watched the blimp move along. he gave a puzzled expression, just to fade away moments later.

you quickly went down to hide behind the car as gunshots filled the area. "we should've moved out while we had time." you whispered over to chishiya, who had now made his way to sit back down behind the car.

"i didn't make a plan for where to go in time." chishiya replied in a low-whisper.

the gunshots faded away as the sound of cars speeding through the roads not to far filled the atmosphere instead. "must be a chase between some people and the king of spades." you suggested.

"and, if.. the king of spades is one person.." you looked up.
chishiya finished your sentence. "we can make a plan as he's distracted. let's go."

he stood up first, holding out his hand. taking it, he pulled you up from the ground.

shifting your weight onto your healthy side, you limped beside him. your side throbbed with pain, and you struggled to ignore it.

chishiya walked with his hands in his pockets, eyeing anything he had deemed suspicious as you guys walked.
"do you even know where we'll go?" you asked him.

"not at all. in the borderlands, you really have to rely on the inner gut." chishiya smiled.
you nodded to him, attempting to keep up with his pace in walking.

you gulped down your fears and tried to remain unfocused on the pain in your waist. you winced every once and awhile.

you weren't sure how far you'd get, since chishiya had stated that the wound was pretty severe.
"you know you can just leave me behind, right?" you told him.

chishiya stopped in his tracks, rocking back and forth on his feet. "you say that to me a lot." he responded.
"i know, but it's true."

"i wouldn't be able to do that." chishiya responded after some silence, and then moved his feet to keep walking.

it seemed everytime you told him that, that was all he would respond with. you were curious, but you slid it aside for now. you had better things to worry about.

you watched as darkness would fall over the bright sky.
you and chishiya had been walking for awhile.

"with all these blimps, doesn't that make everything a game arena?" you asked him.
your walk had been mostly silence, but your groans of pain would fill the area between the silence you two walked in.

"perhaps." chishiya said.
you exhaled, realizing how awkward it really was.

as much as you appreciated chishiya dragging you along with him instead of leaving you to fend for your own, it was still hard to be around him because of what he'd done at the beach.
also, you had missed your other friends and prayed for their safety.