𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 - 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙥𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙨

you watched as the building stay lit, nothing happening.
kuina made her way to take a seat on the ground , a grumbling mess as she shifted positions on the ground.

you listened to the rustling of the papers move with the wind.
"none of the games have started yet.." arisu said.

usagi looked around. "maybe we still have time."

chishiya snorts. "or they forgot to push the big red start button."
"seriously..?" you looked over, an unamused look on your face.

kuina is impatient, you can with the tone of her voice. "they didn't even tell us about the rules for this one." she said, wrapping her arm over her knee. she sighed.

you gave up on staring at the lit up building, expecting something would happen. moving your head around, you looked and your eyes stopped on a blimp. "isn't that interesting?" you pointed.
you watched as everyone turned around and looked to where you were pointing.

a blimp filled the area, and a large poster looking thing.. you couldn't describe it... was below. on it, was a picture of the king of spades card.

"the games are marked." chishiya hummed, rocking back and forth on his feet.
"so.. this is the king of spades?" you asked.

chishiya took a stand next to you and nodded. "right."

soon after, a loud rumbling filled the air, it grew louder as something was clearly getting closer. usagi gasps and walks over, passing by you and chishiya.
"i hear something.." she said, uneasy.

you watched as everyone crowded together, chishiya beckoning you over as you stood still just watching.

you moved over and stared where everyone else was staring at.
the engine of a car can be heard as you squint your eyes. in the distance, there's a blueish colored car making it's way over.

"they're alive. beach people." kuina stated.
there were so many cars that followed after the blue car, you were struggling to keep count.

"this many survived?" you said, in disbelief.
"guess so.." kuina clicked her tongue.
ringing filled your ears as the cars came to a stop.

the rumbling faded out as tons of people exited the cars.

arisu exhaled, and walked forward to meet the people. you stood still.
"what is this? what are you doing here?" he asked.

"we saw the blimps show up." a man in a brown sweater answered.

"so.. they've seen them too." usagi observed. you listened to her instead of responding, your mouth was shut closed as you didn't know how to respond anyway.

"there are rumors that.. the next stage is starting." a woman speaks, her voice cracking.
you felt your chest tighten.

"right.." he drags his word. "here's the thi—"

a loud explosion cuts arisu off. the man in the brown is shot. his body flings to the side limply.

usagi yelps, jumping back.
you gasped, standing still. your body was frozen in shock.

you watch the woman hum a "huh?" and witnessed her be shot next.
usagi covered her mouth, as you did too to hide a scream of horror.

you watch as people continue to be shot, the screaming growing louder.
"a rifle." chishiya announced, loud enough to be heard over the screaming and sounds of blaring gunshots in the distance.

you felt your mouth go dry as you swallowed the remainder of your saliva in your mouth.
you were wordless, more over, in too much shock to even speak.