𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔𝙊𝙉𝙀 - 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙝𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨

something happened in your dream that made you break out into tears as you slept.

a rough hand was shaking you on the shoulder. "y/n!" someone called.

regaining consciousness and waking up, you blinked a few times to clear the bluriness in your vision. your face was stained with dry tears. you rubbed your hand slowly down your face to realize.

you were resting on a shoulder, gazing over you noticed chishiya who was staring over blankly. "sorry," you lowered your head and sat up from his shoulder.

chishiya sighed, reluctantly bringing your head back down to rest on his shoulder. "go back to sleep. we have a long walk today."

staying unresponsive, you smiled.
"you should learn to stop crying so much." chishiya speaks as you shut your eyes again.

"that's not how it works. you just don't cry." you teased him, listening to him scoff.

you managed to sleep for a few more hours, no more tears falling from your eyes as you slept that time.

opening your eyes, you awoke to seeing chishiya with his nose in a book. he was clearly interested as he kept flipping the pages after
finishing the page.

"what kind of book is it?" you asked him, lifting your head up.

chishiya passes the book into your hands. "find out." he said.
looking at the book's back cover, you figured out he was reading the romance book you were reading last night.

"i thought you didn't like that kind of genre?" you reminded him.
chishiya looked over, a smirk forming on his lips.

"i decided to give it a try." he said as you hand the book back to him.

you kept silent, and stood up to stretch.
"when are we going?" you turned around after stretching your arms out.

"now." chishiya announced, standing up and making his way outside the building.

you left the books since they wouldn't be any use to you once you reached the jack of hearts game.

you pointed to the blimp in the far distance.
"it will probably only take us another night to get there. we'll pass the king of clubs on the way there." he predicted.

"the king of clubs? it's.. over there?" you pointed west, while the jack of hearts game was stationed in the north.

"i have a feeling we won't be able to go the whole way north." chishiya said as he began to walk.
"o...kay?" you responded, puzzled.

you still followed him, trailing along the road.
your arms fell loose by your sides, one swinging infront of the other in sync with your feet.

you hummed as the walk was silent, having nothing to say.
chishiya and you shared similar views on the world, so you yourself were shocked you didn't have anything to bring up.

you gave up on walking with your head facing straight, so you moved around to look at the sides. you admired the beauty even in the borderlands.

it was pretty. you had thought it.

chishiya walked alongside you, having nothing to say. he was silent. his eyes were only focused on the front of him, and you wondered how he could do such a thing. to be so focused..

you laughed to yourself and kept walking.

suddenly, a foul stench filled the area.
you gagged, holding your nose with your hands to attempt at not smelling it anymore.

chishiya stopped beside you and looked around. an inaudible noise can be heard from him as he goes to turn the corner. you slowly follow him.

he huffs, raising his eyebrows. "we must be around a game arena."