𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔𝙏𝙃𝙍𝙀𝙀 - 𝙖 𝙢𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜

the brightness revealed itself to you as it flooded through the windows. groaning, you covered your eyes to hide the sun with your hands.

"one normal day would be a dream." you laughed.

standing up, you stretched your legs and back.
you decided to set off now since you wanted to make it to the jack of hearts game by the following day.

if you were in chishiyas shoes, he'd make it tomorrow. he probably stopped at the king of spades game like he said, which would cause him to detour.

exhaling, you picked up the remaining plates of food from last night and strolled out of the building, setting off into a new adventure.
you kept a neutral expression on your face to avoid suspicions as you walked past crowds of people.

what you noticed was that most people were frantic again, just like when you first arrived.
the beach, how ever, seemed to calm everyone down and make them escape from this reality until the ten of hearts was brought into existence.

you decided to take the route chishiya planned to take. the king of clubs.
you decided that, you were going to run after and try and catch chishiya. confront him–and question him for leaving you to hang and struggle in a game.

scratching your head, you felt light-headed. this place made you sick to your stomach. you hadn't felt safe since the final day in the considered.. "other world."
you trailed the streets, your knees trembling as you struggled to walk in a straight line.

arriving to a casual market along the road, it was run down.
clearly, almost every building was run down. outside the market was a red car.

"a car from the beach?" you mumbled hoarsely as you stepped inside, you foot tapping hard against the ground.
the floor boards creaked as you walked in.

glass shards filled the entrance, and you made sure to walk around it.

you sighed and stepped in.
there, you scented the familiar scent of some people you knew.
their voices felt like a melody that rang through your head, soothing to the ears to hear them once again.

you took a breath in relief. choking out words your dry throat could manage to.

"hello..?" you croaked.
the familiar voices stopped and a head peeked from the aisle. "y/n!" kuina gasped, almost tripping over her own feet as she scurried over.

you could see her panicked gaze fall to relief as she scans you. then, she looks around, just for the panicky expression to grow wide and noticeable on her face. "where'd chishiya go?"
she asked, moving her head left to right.

"he walked off without me one night." you huffed, not in the mood to think about it. "left me to play a game by myself." you stared down at your fingernails then into kuina's eyes which were wide with worry.

kuina then wraps her arms around you, hugging you tightly to the point you were squished against her chest. you stifled a laughed and wrapped your arms around her in return.

she let go and held her hands on top of your shoulders. "just glad to see you're safe. we've been worried sick." she smiles softly and sincerely. "arisu, usagi, and tatta are outside." kuina points her thumb in the direction the were seated at.
"i'll take you to them, if you want. just let me finish up.." she hums, turning around and reaching her hand out to the shelves to grab handfulls of food.

you waited for kuina to finish, her hands full and struggling to carry food.
spacing off, you didn't realize the challenge she was facing until cans of food starting smacking against the ground. jolting backwards, you leaned down to pick the ones on the floor up. you also took some that kuina was holding.