𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 - 𝙟𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙥𝙩3

Long Chapter Warning !! (i refuse to split it up into another part.)

you woke up to chishiya's voice. a soothing to the mind voice, but he was saying something you didn't really want to hear.

"in a game.. someone said i was a sad person." chishiya crossed his legs as he leaned back in the small bench chair.

still waking up, you looked at him dumbfounded. "sorry?" you tilted your head sideways.

you let it sink in, then you "ah'd" and nodded slowly.

"did you agree with them?" you asked through a yawn.

"take a guess. it's easy, isn't it? you know more about me than anyone." chishiya replied. you couldn't tell if he was being honest or not.

"do i, now?" you hummed in response, smiling.

chishiya had that annoying, but memorable smirk on his face. at this point, it wasn't annoying you much. only when he was being annoying — the smirk was annoying.

"you look sad. you play games carelessly and run around with a smirk, even though you know there could be no tomorrow." you explained.

"so, therefor..." you pondered.
"i would think you agreed with whoever stated that to you." you finalized.

chishiya clapped slowly.

"quite the conversation to have to wake me up." you laughed.

"it was on my mind. i thought i'd share it with you." he replied.

you looked at him. no response.

"your symbol.. it's a spade.. this time." chishiya said.

"yours is a heart. i saw it peaking at me when i awoke."
you told him.

chishiya cleared his throat. you knew he was just keeping you awake at this point.

"perhaps when you.. if you do, escape the borderlands and make it back, you should figure out why you have trouble staying awake so much."

you wondered how he changed the conversation so quickly. you weren't interested on leaving the borderlands as you didn't even know if that was the truth. you answered, "i will."

you decided to give an opinion. a honest opinion, that you'd doubt he'd care for anyway. but you still would share it to him.

"chishiya, i don't think you're all that sad. perhaps when i met you, you were. but i see improvement." you answered truthfully.

chishiya snorts. "do you?" he glances over.

you bit down on your lip. he showed an expression of disagreement. none of it would phase through him. you knew that.

giving up, you just smiled softly at him. having nothing to say, you just replied with "yeah. maybe it's just me, though. you know yourself better than i do.. or perhaps you never knew yourself to begin with."

"because i know i don't know myself. maybe we have something in common." you answered.

it was true.
you only lived to see the growth of your younger sister. you couldn't figure out yourself at all. you lived for your sister's existence, not yours. ..and your friends. you lived for them.

it would definitely add more to arisu's plate if you gave up. if you really wanted to give up so bad, you'd give the wrong answer in your cell and that would be the end of everything you once knew.

you wanted to do that, but the consequences were what stopped you.
your friends, the real world.. you'd never see your sister or give her one last smile.