𝙁𝙄𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉 ☆ 𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨

your eyes widened, and you frowned in disappointment.
even though you were correct, you didn't want it to be true.
"holy, shit.." you were breathless as the tv lit up the room.

standing up, you stretched. even though you could walk properly and were not injured, the bruises that you had sustained were painful, but not worse than when you were shot. you were glad the pain from the bullet wound was gone.

you listened to the announcer as they began to talk. you got closer to the tv..

it was a male voice this time, running over the loudspeaker.
"we would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank everyone for staying at Seaside Paradise, Tokyo."

"what..?" you mumbled.

"as a token of our appreciation," he continues.. "we will now commence a game with all 58 participants in the venue."
"only 58 people.." you observed, realizing the decrease of people and the deaths were more severe than it seemed.

you stared at the tv, eyes glued and frozen in place. you couldn't get yourself to move any further.

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙉𝙊𝙒 𝘾𝙊𝙈𝙈𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀. the tv read.
there came the female announcer. it was actually a game.

𝘿𝙄𝙁𝙁𝙄𝘾𝙐𝙇𝙏𝙔...
𝙏𝙀𝙉 𝙊𝙁 𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙎.

you gasped, your facial expression dropping. "no way.." you spoke, you felt your hands tremble. this was the card everyone would gossip about.

the final card.

𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙄𝘾𝙄𝙋𝘼𝙉𝙏𝙎 𝙈𝙐𝙎𝙏 𝘼𝙎𝙎𝙀𝙈𝘽𝙇𝙀 𝙄𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝙊𝘽𝘽𝙔 𝙄𝙈𝙈𝙀𝘿𝙄𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙇𝙔.
𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙐𝙇𝙀𝙎 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙂𝘼𝙈𝙀 𝙒𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙉 𝘽𝙀 𝙀𝙓𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙄𝙉𝙀𝘿.

they repeated that once more, and now you finally realized your situation.
you made use of the light shining in the room and shaped out the door.

moving over, you held your hand on the knob. you looked down and shook the knob.

unlocked.

"why would they leave this unlocked. .?" you questioned. there wasn't time to answer that as you had more important matters to be covering.

you twisted the knob and boosted out of the room, making way down the long and empty halls.
as you walked closer to the main gathering, you could hear the frantic and horrid screams of the people who resided here.

you couldn't help but feel a bit shameful.
you shifted on your sides as you walked, finding it a bit hard to walk properly because of how uneasy you were.
unsure of where to go, you followed people's voices in the halls.

once you entered the main area, you didnt realize how small the room really was for 58 people. it was crowded, everyone shoving their way through just to get a phone.
you stayed back for a little bit. you decided to wait for the crowd to die down.

you managed to push your way through and get a phone a few minutes later. you walked away to hang in a corner as you placed the phone up to look at your face.
you observed the area, realizing almost everyone had the same exact facial expressions. horror.

all the chimes of success for facial registration in the room were getting on your nerves.

then, you noticed her.
usagi, in the crowd.

you moved your back off the wall and rushed forward, trying to reach her side before she walked away.
clearing your dry throat, you called out. "usagi!"