𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔𝙏𝙒𝙊 - 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙨

you rolled your wrist, stretching it.
you watched as the queen of diamonds relaxed and spoke. "a woman shoots her husband, then holds him underwater for five minutes. next, she hangs him. right after, they enjoy a lovely dinner. what did she do?" the queen of diamonds randomly plays a riddle.

"a riddle?" you asked.
"for entertainment.. we can solve it while we play," her eyes brightened and she smirked.

the bright screen flipped soon after the queen of diamonds said the riddle. you couldn't help but wonder what was going on.

you didn't realize that, there were knives infront of your chairs.
"what are these for?" someone holds their hand on the knife.

"for when you're gonna give up." she said, eyes full of despair. more like, her whole body.
you felt the horror rise in your body.

diamonds games meant you had to use your wisdom. you didn't know if you could trust everything that was being portrayed. the riddle probably had something to do with escaping..

finally, the announcer began to chime over the tv.

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚.
𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚: 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙟𝙖𝙘𝙠.
𝙙𝙞𝙛𝙛𝙞𝙘𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙮: 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙨.

you coughed. blackjack? you knew nothing about casino games, as you weren't interested in gambling.

𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙪𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙. 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙞𝙣 50 𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙟𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧. 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙞𝙧, 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙩, 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙨𝙩, 𝙩𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙣𝙤 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠 𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙨.

𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙢𝙞𝙩. 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙜𝙞𝙣!

[ a/n: i only know the basics on blackjack after reading a bit of how the game works online so bare with me ]

you watched as the queen of diamonds grabbed a shoe, inside the shoe were four packs of cards.
"place your bet." the queen of diamonds says.

you watch as each person bets a random amount of money, and you knew they didn't have the money anyways.

everyone looked shaken, trembling horribly.
you shook around in your seat, realizing you felt a bit loose in your seat.

furrowing your brows, you looked down.
you shoved it off as the queen of diamonds began to deal the cards. holding them face-down, she gave each person two cards, and then two for herself.

she then flips one of her cards over so everyone can see it.
you watch as a young teenager watches her do it, then he flips his card over thinking he should aswell.

you watched a laser fly from the sky and shoot him down.
the crowd gasped, and you watched with a shaken face.

"well then.." you hummed.
you needed to beat the queen of diamond's hand.

the queen of diamonds moves to look at you, which you were the first person to her left. here, she would go in a circle to have each person decide their decision regarding their hand.