Epilogue

***5 YEARS LATER***

I was sitting in my office at the compound and I was trying to finish up filling out some files for the day. I had been in a council meeting all day and was just stressed and over it. I heard my office door open.

"Mommy!" I heard their voices yell and looked up to see my 4-year-old twins Shawn and Sarah come running up to me. They jumped into my lap when they reached me and I hugged them both. I then looked up and saw Steve smiling at me from the doorway. I smiled broadly seeing him back.

"You going to come in too?" I asked and he smiled as he walked fully into the office. When he reached me, he leaned down giving me a small kiss.

"Eww!" Shawn and Sarah said pushing Steve away from me, I smiled and I kissed both their cheeks.

"You guys have fun with Uncle Tony and Aunt Nat today?" I asked and they nodded.

"Uncle Tony is making me a mini Iron Man suit." Shawn said excitedly and I groaned.

"Oh, is he now?" I asked and Steve sighed.

"You going to try and stop him? I mean I told him no and he isn't listening." Steve said and I just shook my head.

"Uncle Tony making you anything?" I asked Sarah and she shook her head.

"Aunt Nat is getting me a black widow suit." Sarah said and I laughed.

"You should get one like mommy had." Steve said and I smiled at him.

"Mommy was a black widow?!" Shawn asked shocked and I shook my head.

"No, but I did have a suit when I used to go on missions." I said.

"You were an avenger?"

"She was better working in the office and keeping them all in line." I heard someone say from the door and I looked to see Nick.

"Uncle Nick!" The kids yelled and ran to him. I stood up and wrapped my arms around him and he held on to me.

"It's done?" I asked and Steve nodded.

"All returned and I even stopped and saw Peggy." Steve said and I smiled.

"You did?" I asked and he nodded.

"I had to see her and all I told her was she wouldn't understand at the moment but I thanked her." Steve said and I smiled.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"She said that she was welcome because whatever it was made me happy." Steve said and I smiled as he leaned down and passionately kissed me.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there and sent the kids away." I said and Steve nodded.

"I didn't want you all there in case something went wrong. As we can see it didn't, I think it's time we go home." Steve said and I nodded. I released my hold on him and we walked up to Fury and the kids.

"You monsters ready to go home?" Steve asked and they nodded.

"Movie night?" Shawn asked.

"You and your sister have to come together and agree but yes." I said.

"And pizza?" Sarah asked and I huffed a laugh.

"Already ordered, just pick it up on your way home." Fury said and we smiled at him.

"Thank you. Kids, Thank your Uncle Nick." I said and the kids hugged him.

"Go home Rogers family." Nick said, I smiled as we walked out.

🌟 🌟 🌟

Later that night Steve and I got the kids in bed and we were laying cuddled in bed. My head was on his chest and I heard him sigh.

"I need to talk to you." Steve said and I looked up at him.

"You okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"I made a decision today and its already done." Steve said.

"Okay..." I said and he sighed.

"I passed the Shield to Sam. I retired." Steve said and I sat up and turned to looked at Steve.

"You what?!" I asked.

"Well, the world needs a Captain America, but this Captain America needs to be home, with his family, not fighting a war. The fight with Thanos really put a lot in perspective and I need you all in my life, I got a second chance like I told you when we got married and I need to prove that now more than ever." Steve said and I smiled at him. I quickly straddled him, leaned down and passionately kissed him. He just laughed when we broke apart.

"You will always be my Captain though, right?" I asked and Steve placed his hands on my hips.

"Always." Steve said. I leaned down and kissed him again.

This man got a second life when he came out of the ice. Twice in his lifetime he had to save the world but now, he just had one world to protect...Summer, Sarah and Shawn.

🌟🌟THE END🌟🌟