Chapter 2 Swiss Part 1

Summer

She arrived in Swiss hopeful that she would be reunited with Jeong hyeok. When she got the list of attendees, he was not on the list, there was another music teacher who was coming from North Korea. She was disappointed but there was a side of her that was hopeful. She just had a feeling that she would see him, but she did not want to get disappointed. She had been disappointed before and she knew there would be many tears, sleepless nights, loss of appetite, longing, and then back to hope.

Seri was ready for the first event that year with the Annual Queens and Seris Choice Music Scholarship. She took one last look at herself in the mirror and she liked what she saw. The dress was light blue, sleeveless, just below the knees and had a slight flair, the perfect dress for summer. Never one to neglect the shoes, it was a strappy three-inch sandal and the same color of the dress. Her makeup was impeccable, she wore her hair down and the jewelry was understated. She was ready and she thought could face anything today.

She arrived at the event and as soon as she entered the room Hans Muller welcomed her with a bright smile.

"Miss Yoon, congratulations, we have more students and teachers attending the scholarship this year and North Korea is here."

"That's good, let's go and greet them. I am looking forward to meeting the students." She looked around the room but did not see Jeong hyeok. She greeted and welcomed the students, their teachers and had asked each what instrument they played. She was speaking to one of the students when she looked up, she saw Jeong hyeok looking at her. Her eyes went to the young woman next to him and they were arm in arm. She looked at him and his face was expressionless. And standing next to him were his parents.