Chapter 39 The Wedding

Se-ri woke up, knew that it was a special day and then remembered it was their wedding day. He spent the night with his parents and she with hers. Se-ri laid in bed thinking about the last few months. The wedding was being held at the Yoon's mansion. They did not want a big wedding, only the people that were important to them.

"Eomma, I would like my California family to come to the wedding. My biological mother will be there. Is that all right with you?"

"Se-ri, I am happy you found her. It would be fine, I expect you to invite them. James was a great help to Jeong hyeok."

"And Appa? Have you asked him?"

"We talked about it. It was so long ago, he says that it seems as if it all happened to someone else. I think in a way he is right, he is not the person as he was then. I think if he was more mature, he would not have done what he did, but then you won't be here, my sweet child and I would rather have you here than not. He is looking forward to meeting the whole family. I don't think you have anything to worry about."

The day before the wedding, Se-ri asked her mother,

"Are Jeong hyeok's parents ready for tomorrow? You and his mother are getting along well and Appa and his father too. Eomma, are they happy about his son marrying me? Sometimes I think that they may be happier if he married a North Korean girl and had a family there."

She looked at her daughter and held her hand. "Se-ri, of course they are happy he is marrying you. His mother told me she has her son back and that you brought that change. He is how he was before his brother died and not only him, but his father too."

The families met for lunch at the Yoon's mansion the day before the wedding. Her parents, Se jun and Hye ji, his parents, her new found family and Lisa. They were a lively group, she looked at them and she could pinch herself, so she would know it was not a dream, it was real, they were all there for her and Jeong hyeok. They were getting along, asking each other questions. She went to Jeong hyeok, she held his hand, looked up at him and smiled. He looked at her, smiled and kissed her hand. She was happy.

"Lisa, Se-ri told me that you helped her when she went to the grocery store and introduced her to David and the family. And you taught her how to cook."  her mother said.

"Yes, we met at a grocery store. I shared with her the items I liked and we became friends. In the area we live, the restaurants do not have delivery service, so you have to know how to cook. She asked me to teach her some easy recipes and we had cooking classes. Se-ri is a fast learner, her knife skills have improved. And she knows how to make Kimchi Fired Rice. Careful, Jeong hyeok, she may surpass you."

Se-ri looked at her friend and smiled. "Thank you, Lisa. If I had not met you, the transition would not have been as easy as it was. And through you, I met my other family. I will never forget your kindness. You help make my stay there enjoyable. Thank you."

"Lisa, I would like to know more about where you get your recipes." Jeong yeon said.

"Sure, I would be happy to share with you."

Se-ri smiled at the memories. If she could, she would tell her younger self don't give up, that good things would come.

She got up and started to get ready for the day. She went downstairs and went to the kitchen to get coffee. The kitchen staff was there, surprised to see her.

"Miss Se-ri, we will bring you the coffee" Miss Choi told her.

"No, I can make my own coffee. How are your children Miss Choi?"