Sibling whump

Cw: mcd

Sibling whumpees make it out alive - barely - from Whumper but one doesn't make it while in the hospital. Sibling One looks up at Caretaker groggily. "Sibling Two?" They say with relief painted across their bruised face. "No Whumpee, Caretaker. Sibling Two-" "Sibling Two, I'm SO glad to see you. The nurses won't let me up to visit and I've been worried sick about you." Caretaker gulped. They didn't want to break Whumpee's fragile heart, especially so soon and while they were so weak physically and emotionally. Nurse shook their head in the doorway frantically at Caretaker. Clearly they knew what Caretaker was thinking. "Uh yeah Whumpee, it's me Caretaker. Sibling Two is um. Resting. They have it pretty rough right now, you could say." Nurse flashed Caretaker a sad thumbs up and briskly continued on their way. "Oh," Whumpee's face sank. "I could have sworn you were Sibling Two. If they're awake while you're here, will you tell them hi for me?" Caretaker choked back tears and cleared their throat that felt like sandpaper. "Yeah Whumpee. I'll tell them you've been asking about them." "Ok good. I miss them." Whumpee yawned as they snuggled into the sheets. They closed their swollen eyes and let the pain meds do their work. Caretaker cried silently for the siblings. The loss of the one and the other whose world was going to come crashing down any day now, as if they had much left to lose after this.