Glowing And Beaming

TW// Mentions Of Sex

Lukas woke up later than normal the next morning. It was Saturday, and neither of them had to work or attend classes. He stretched out his arms, and rolled over to the edge of the bed. Something felt off as he turned on the lamp. He looked over, His girlfriend was missing. Automatically his mind went to the worst outcome. He got out of bed and pulled on his pants, then he went looking.

He didn't need to look for long. Max was in the kitchen, practically bouncing with excitement. Glowing with pride. "Morning, darling... are you...high?"

Max looked over at him while scrambling eggs for late breakfast. "Uh...no?" Max snickered. "I don't even know where you put my gummies last night."

"Uh huh..." Lukas walked over and leaned on the counter. He couldn't help but smile at her.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" Max caught on after a couple minutes.

"You look so happy...did something happen?" Lukas crossed his arms. She was beaming like she won the lottery.

"Are you kidding me? Did you forget last night?" Max added the scrambled eggs to the plates she was preparing.

"I'll never forget it...did you make breakfast for me too?" Lukas' heart melted.

"Yeah, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I thought I'd make breakfast." Max took the plates and put them on the table.

"Aw, thank you." Lukas watched her float to the fridge and pull out the orange juice. "But there's no way last night made you this happy. I mean, it was AMAZING but you didn't get to experience any of it. You wouldn't let me return the favor." Lukas didn't mind that he didn't get to touch Max, he just thought it was unfair that only he got the pleasure.

"Trust me, I enjoyed it." Max blushed at the recent memory. "But it's not about the pleasure, the favors, or the lust. Lukas...I didn't cry."

"No, you didn't..." Lukas felt both sad and joyous at the realization. Sad that she was expecting to cry, and happy that she didn't.

"I did it, and I had fun, and I didn't cry." Max put down the orange juice on the table and approached Lukas. She grabbed his hands and let out a big sigh. "I never thought I'd do it...not without crying. But I did..." Max started to tear up as she hugged him.

"Well don't cry now, beautiful!" Lukas held her tightly.

"I'm so proud of myself...thank you, thank you for being patient." Max sniffled and buried her face in Lukas. "I bet soon we'll go even further, and for once in my life that thought doesn't scare the hell out of me."

Lukas picked Max up carefully, and she immediately accepted it. He carried her to the couch and set her down, taking a seat beside her. "I'm so proud of you too. Thank you for last night. Thank you for letting me see that part of you, it was worth the wait."

"Thank me? You're the one that let me see you." Max winked playfully.

"Oh my God-" Lukas covered his face. "I was so nervous."

"I know, but it was sweet. It was nice to know I wasn't the only one shaking with nerves." Max leaned on him and rubbed her eyes. "Maybe tonight you can... return the favor?"

"No way... actually?" Lukas almost had a heart attack from the offer alone. "I would love to, but don't push yourself. I know you're excited, but you still need to remember your trauma. Going too fast, too soon could cause problems."

"Lukas...my trauma is burnt into my mind for life. For once, I want to take back what Neil stole from me. I want to enjoy proper, consensual intimacy. And I only want to experience it with you." Max put a hand on his chest. "So...are you up for it?"