Encounter

She brought Jennie back to the place that was once our home and pulled her into the bathroom under the dim yellow light. I stood outside, contemplating whether I should head in and watch a live performance.

Both of them were rare beauties so it wasn't such a big deal to lose a few years of my life to watch their performance.

A god must have known that I had separated this pair of lovers for almost ten years to satisfy my own selfish desire. This hidden god must be villainously smiling as He punishes me to watch the two of them live their sweet lives.

To a dead person, this was what they would consider as being unable to have a peaceful death.

Forget it. It's my karma.

After getting out of the bathroom, the two of them rolled on the sofa right before my eyes.

Nevermind this. I will watch since you're letting me see.

It was magnificent and enchanting as I had expected it to be.

I was shocked by how gently Lisa treated Jennie. It was something that I didn't dare to expect. I had even wondered if there was any part of Lisa that was gentle. The scene before me clearly shoved the sour grape logic into my face. Evidently, Lisa was able to be very gentle. She could make gentle moves full of love and was able to say sweet words of love.

It was clear that Lisa had only treated me with violence. She was practically relieving all of her resentment and dissatisfaction. She nipped and beat me; she tore and bit me.

Looking at Jennie now, I felt that I was very worthless again.

I was treated so badly. Why didn't I learn from my mistakes but instead insisted on taking this painful path?

I had pointlessly spent my life. It was utterly pointless.

The two of them had a warm and romantic time together until noon. Jennie got up because she had to work in the afternoon. She broke free from Lisa's hold and took out some ingredients from the fridge. Then she started cooking.

Is this fellow stupid? Why did she make jangeo-gui?

Lisa doesn't like eel.

After spending ten years with her, I had a clear grasp of her likes and dislikes. I understood her preferences more than anyone else.

However, the reality proved me wrong again.

Lisa obediently received the bowl and chopstick and happily ate with Jennie.