Turn

"Lisa, get ready!"

Fortunately, the director shouted for Lisa to go up the stage, so they didn't get to continue the conversation.

This was the first time I didn't have the heart to watch Lisa's performance.

I kept thinking about what she was going to do.

There were so many things that I couldn't predict. I was terrified.

The evening party lasted until midnight, and they went to a company banquet afterward. Lisa finally arrived home when it was dawn.

She fell asleep the moment she laid down and slept until the afternoon.

When she finally woke up, she didn't eat and headed straight to the study room. This infuriated me, I wanted to pull her ear and shout at her.

'You have forgotten your past pain once the wound was healed!!'

She sat in front of the black grand piano and started playing softly.

I suddenly remembered that it had been a very long time since I saw her play the piano.

Her expression was cold, only the sound of the piano expressed the Lisa I knew. She was once this gentle and sad. I felt so intoxicated every time I listened to her play. When she found out, she no longer played the piano before me. Whenever she needed to play, she would do it in the company's piano room, avoiding me at the same time.

She would always do the opposite of what I wanted.

For an instance, she was the only one left in the world. Everything else was far away from her as she was alone in her room. The smile on her face was leisurely yet distant.

When the afternoon sunlight turned into moonlight, she seemed to come back to her senses, and she smiled lightly.

It was a pleased and self-satisfied smile that belonged to the usual, arrogant Lisa.

Then, she started playing the piano with her slender fingers.

She probably hasn't finished writing the lyrics, as she only sang along to some parts of the song.

It was supposed to be a remembrance of the sweet memories of the past. However, it sounded to me like it was something no longer obtainable. From now on, even though we were so close, there would only be sorrow from being unable to see each other.

She smiled as she sang, sweetly reminiscing the memories. She didn't pay attention to any sad ones.

Lisa, is this your new song?

Who wouldn't cry if they listened to such a song on Valentine's day?

Memories. They were something that hurt someone the most.

It really was a beautiful song, but the current me was unable to appreciate it.

I believed that everyone who went through similar sufferings would cry listening to this song.

What I was worried about didn't happen.

Although Lisa did many things that could easily cause a misunderstanding, her heart had always been with and still was with Jennie.

That's right. How was it possible for someone who never loved me for ten years to suddenly love me?

■■■

On the second day after Jennie left for Milan, Lisa started sorting out her photos again and was in the process of choosing one. All the photos were either of her being with her parents or her being with Jennie. I didn't know why she was taking so long to choose.