Odd

I stood on one side and quietly watched her. I was shocked to see an expression of fragility appearing slowly on Lisa's expressionless face.

I had seen this expression before. Long ago, Lisa had the same expression when we were at the hospital with Jennie. This was when she thought that Jennie wouldn't survive. It was an expression that made others feel an extraordinary heartache. It made them feel that they didn't know what to do. She thought that she had covered it up well but the people around her could tell that she wanted to cry but couldn't.

Ever since she left the trainee team, she gradually became someone who could hide her thoughts. She always looked cold on the surface.

Now that cold mask of her seemed to have broken like glass.

I knew that Lisa was a proud person. She would put on a strong facade even if she was wronged. She would never let someone else see her when she was weak.

In fact, she still looked expressionless overall. She could have continued acting but there was no one around to see it so she could gradually show her sorrows. The most impactful actress could make the audience feel shrouded by a sense of sadness by simply standing there without crying or smiling. Lisa currently looked just like that.

Was it because of me?

It looked like she did care about me even though she didn't love me. She hated me but she wasn't as heartless as how she had always shown herself to be.

This was sufficient enough to make me feel happy and satisfied.

This was definitely redemption for someone like me who forever loved her.

Jennie came back pretty late. She didn't look as pale as she was when she went out but her expression still looked strange.

I don't get it. Why was she so anxious for me?

It should have been enough if she was just acting. Lisa didn't even bat an eye to it.

We were considered close. We often drank and went out for karaoke together because of Lisa. I didn't treat her badly when I was alive but I didn't treat her well either.

I had always made it clear that I was inviting her because of Lisa; I was inviting her as Lisa's "friend" and I clearly showed that I had no desire to give Lisa to her.

Lisa changed back to her cold demeanor again after Jennie came back. If Jennie doesn't speak, she wouldn't take the initiative to speak even though she obviously looked defeated. Lisa was trying to act cool but she wasn't able to hide the fact that she was looking at Jennie's every movement. It was as though she was trying to read something from Jennie's actions.

Jennie didn't seem to be in the mood to play such games with her but she still kept quiet on purpose. Based on her expression, she seemed to be gloating with clenched teeth on the inside.

I felt very uneasy after I saw that look. I was worried that Sehun might have told her everything.

I didn't want Lisa to find out that I was already dead.

Initially, I didn't want her to find out because I was worried that my death would affect their relationship. But now, I didn't want her to find out because I'm worried about her.

Although I didn't think that Lisa would laugh happily and live a perfectly happy life after learning that I died, I did think that she would at least feel a few seconds of guilt towards me, the little grass which she had accidentally stepped on in her life journey filled with endless happiness. That was what I thought before I died but I was no longer sure after seeing her state after Jennie left the house.