Chapter 2: Brooklyn, New York

The Next Day at the Castle

Mario sighed as the two got their bags ready for their vacation. Mario had his classic outfit on while Peach had a white shirt, a long pink skirt, a maroon belt with her classic brooch, white strapped heels, and a white-brimmed sunhat. Suddenly, Luigi and Daisy appeared ready for the vacation too.

"Luigi? Daisy?" Mario asked. "What's going on?" 

"We're gonna come with you," Luigi replied. 

"Really? Did you overhear our little conversation?"

"Yeah, my bad."

"It's alright. You can go with us."

"Alright!" Daisy exclaimed. "That pipe to Brooklyn ain't gonna warp itself!"

"Quick question: Who's gonna be in charge while the four of us are gone?" Luigi asked.

"Rohan and Toad," Peach answered.

"Yep," Rohan replied. "We're gonna watch over everything while you four are in the human world."

The four heroes walked to the exit pipe. Peach climbed into the pipe and said to Rohan, "Promise me that you'll call us if there's any trouble!"

She went down the pipe and Toad scoffed and pushed Peach's crown up his head. "Trouble?" Ha! We're gonna rule!"

"Royalty is a BIG responsibility," Rohan said. "I should know."

The four heroes walked down the forest and made it to the pipe that the brothers went through for the first time. 

Brooklyn, New York - Human World

They entered the pipe and ended up in the sewers. Daisy sniffed and asked, "I bet this is what you smell back then."

"Yeah, but when you go into the sewers, you'll get adjusted to the smell," Luigi replied.

They walked through the sewers and found an exit out of the sewers. Mario sighed and set down his suitcase for a while. Peach looked around the streets and asked, "Is this it?"

"No, we just got out of the sewers. When we get out of here, we'll find a good hotel and explore the city." Mario replied.

The four then walked from the sewers and into the suburban areas. Peach gasped and Daisy was in awe at the city. The two then made it to the hotel and the receptionist said, "Welcome! How long will you four be staying?"

"For about a week," Mario answered.

"That'll be $149." 

Mario handed the receptionist a few coins. She gasped and handed Mario his room key. "Enjoy your stay."

As the four got to their room, they set their bags and Peach asked, "Are we going to spend all day in here?"

"No, there's a lot to do," Mario answered. "We can see the Brooklyn Bridge, the Brooklyn Museum, and also the Brooklyn Botanic Garden."

"Wow. And anything else?" Daisy asked.

"There's also the baseball games at the MCU Park and also the flea markets," Luigi replied. "Just wait until you try the pizza in New York."

"The Human World sounds fun like my father told me about!" Peach exclaimed. 

"There are numerous places in this world than just Brooklyn," Mario said. "I wish we could travel the world all at once. I had a dream that my hat was alive and we were flying around the world in a top hat-shaped ship."

"Wow...Some dream." Peach set her hat on the coat rack and got her purse. "Let's go exploring for the day."

Local Town