Chapter 32: The Final Battle

World-1, Mushroom Kingdom

At the castle, Discordia chuckled as she had Atlas in her grasp and was sitting on Peach's throne. She admired the Chaos Emeralds floating above her. "It feels great to rule..." she said. "Why not summon a crown?" she then summoned a crown out of thin air. "If I'm going to rule all, why not show a simple sign of my role?"

"Yeah...Speaking of rules...I didn't get PAID, so-" Spike said before Discordia boomed over him.

"SHUT IT!!!!!!!" Discordia finally sighed and then a Cyclops appeared. "Speak."

"My Lady, we saw Rosalina's Comet Observatory reaching the atmosphere!" the Cyclops said. "We believe that they are on our way to stop you!"

"WHAT?!?!" the goddess stood up from her throne. "STOP THEM!!"

Meanwhile, at the Comet Observatory

Rosalina steered the ship towards the atmosphere and managed to keep it from being destroyed by the re-entry. Peach gasped and saw that the castle was covered in spikes and also tentacles for some reason. "What did she do to my castle??"

"That must be Discordia's base..." Mario said. "Does everyone remember the plan?"

"Yeah," Rohan replied.

The Observatory flew over the kingdom and Luigi shouted, "Incoming!!"

Rosalina noticed a laser beam shot from the castle and managed to steer the Observatory out of the way...but then another one was fired and hit the Observatory. The ship powered down and Toad shouted, "WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!"

"Everyone, get the Power-Ups!" Rosalina said.

The Observatory then crashed and smoke and rubble formed around it. Numerous monsters and robots looked and checked to see if the heroes were dead...but the smoke cleared to reveal all the heroes alive and well. Some of them were powered up excluding Audrey, Razor, Rosalina, Saw, K. Rool, Klump, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Sonic, and Krusha.

Peach used the Super Bell and became Cat Peach, Mario used the Super Hammer and became Builder Mario, Rohan used a Fire Flower and became Fire Rohan, Daisy used a Tanooki Suit and became Tanooki Daisy, Luigi used a Cape Feather and became Cape Luigi, and Toad used a Boomerang Flower and became Boomerang Toad.

"Discordia! Give me back my kingdom!" Peach shouted.

"ATTACK!!" An Ogre shouted.

"Get ready, everyone...This is the fight of our lives..." Rosalina's wand lighted up. "...Ready...GO!!!"

The heroes began to attack the army of monsters. Rohan threw a fireball up in the air and swung it with his staff, igniting a few monsters and robots. Daisy swung her tail and smashed a robot to bits. Peach slashed her claws at a Wyvern and pounced on a Succubus.

"Sonic speed!!" Sonic smashed a robot to bits.

Mario swung his hammer at a Belome. Rosalina flung a few Star Bits from her wand at a Buzzer and a Shy Guy. Toad suddenly got hit by an Ogre's club and lost his boomerang powers. Mario grunted and said, "Okay, teams! Split up!"

K. Rool, Klump, Krusha, and Saw went to the marketplace; Rosalina, Audrey, Toad, and Yoshi went to a local neighborhood; Luigi, Peach, Daisy, and Razor dashed to the local church; and Mario, Sonic, Rohan, and Donkey Kong kept going forward to the route of the castle.

Rohan swung his staff and quickly changed its length for a little bit. It then stretched back to normal and suddenly, Rohan got bit by a Croco and lost his fire powers. Donkey Kong smashed a robot to bits and Sonic said, "This would be easier if I took a Power-Up!"