Chapter 8: Somewhere Else

Meanwhile, at Discordia's Ship

In one of the rooms, there was a group of soldiers hired specifically by Discordia. There were three Kremlings, Klump, Krusha, and King K. Rool; two Koopa Troopas; and a blue fish-like creature named Tubba Blubba.

Discordia approached them and said, "It's time for our Chaos Emerald report. Krusha, why don't you tell me what it says?"

"Uh..." The blue muscular Kremling named Krusha uttered. "..." Good job, men?"

Discordia giggled. "Not quite, my sweet. What it actually says is..." She then suddenly turned redder, her horns grew curvier, her eyes turned into flames, and her voice had a slight profound distortion to it as she screamed, "...WHY DID I HIRE SUCH NUT-BRAINED BALD MONKEYS WHO CANNOT SEEM TO GRASP THAT THE POINT OF THIS MISSION IS TO FIND THE CHAOS EMERALDS ALL WHILE STAYING ALIVE IN THE PROCESS?!?! We lost a lot of good monsters on the way!"

She pulled out a giant chart and explained, "My personalized Mermaids! While there are several out there in the universe, I specifically picked these two for their rough nature! However, both died as soon as they touched the lava in the volcano at the Luncheon Kingdom planet because SOMEBODY thought they could swim in lava! Why did you bring them to that planet, anyway? You should've left them in the DAMN tank!"

"That...makes complete sense now that you say it..." Klump, the Kremling wearing a helmet and boots, said.

"It does, doesn't it? OH, and how could you?!? My favorite...the Ding-A-Ling!" Discordia whimpered. "Do you know how long it took for me to cast a spell to make a sentient clock with bells on it?! It took me months! MONTHS!! And you just let loose in the Flip-Swap Galaxy where the poor thing was smashed to bits as soon as it hit the first trap."

"We're so sorry about the Ding-A-Ling..." Razor, the skinny Koopa Troopa, uttered. "But sacrifices need to be made for the greater good."

"Look, Discordia..." K. Rool, the Kremling with the crown and red cape, stood up. "Me, Krusha, and Klump were only hired because we want to destroy that brute, DONKEY KONG, and rule the world!"

"And I promised you that," Discordia said. "But DON'T think that you can rebel against me."

K. Rool scoffed and Discordia clapped her hands. "Now, time to find those Chaos Emeralds. We've only searched around 35% of the millions of galaxies. Now, our next stop is the Sweet Mystery Galaxy."

Meanwhile at the Comet Observatory

Rosalina walked through the hallways of the observatory and then walked into the guest bedroom dome. Everyone in the dome was fast asleep and Rosalina walked to her bedroom dome. 

With that, she walked to the other side of the dome and saw Atlas and Audrey fast asleep. She smiled and thought, Atlas...He's growing up so fast...But...I'm scared of his judgment. The judgment that would happen if he found out I'm not his mother...What if he finds out about his true origins which I still don't know? Ever since I found his pod flying out there alone in space, I've raised him...but...if he found out...He'll hate me...Call me a liar...I...I don't know if I'm ready to tell him the truth...I...

"Mmm...Mama?" She suddenly heard Atlas utter.

He was slightly awake and Rosalina said, "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up."

"You didn't...I felt like you weren't here and I got a little worried..."

Rosalina gasped and then brushed a hand through his hair. "Good night..."

"Good night...Mm...Zzzzzzzzzzzz...."

Rosalina sighed and walked to her bed. She changed into her pajamas and thought, Okay, Rosalina...Maybe, you don't need to tell him now. Maybe...someday...He'll understand. Right?