Chapter 7: Spooky

Comet Observatory

Sonic tossed and turned over a flashback.

"Goodbye, Sonic." He heard his mentor Longclaw say.

"NO! Longclaw!" His younger self's voice cried out.

He suddenly gasped awake and let out a small pulse of electricity. He then stretched and walked out of the dome. He then saw everyone at the table eating breakfast. Mario noticed him and said, "Morning, Sonic."

"Morning? Space is still dark here." Sonic protested.

"Yeah, I thought the same too," Daisy replied.

"We all just have to adjust to space times now," Peach said.

Suddenly, the heroes heard a clatter and Mario stood up from the table. He stepped closer to where the noise was and then a familiar creature came out of the library dome. It was Yoshi! Mario gasped and exclaimed, "Yoshi! How'd you get here?"

Yoshi chirped a little and Mario asked, "So you're telling me that you managed to get onto the ship right before it went into orbit, and stayed in the library the entire night? Awesome!"

"I guess we could use Yoshi as a mode of transport," Toad replied.

"How come you haven't spoken a single bit since the last chapter?" Sonic asked.

"Uh...I was...off camera."

Rosalina looked at the screen and said, "We're here."

Ghostly Galaxy 

The observatory landed on a mysterious dark planet surrounded by a bunch of giant but dead-looking trees. The ship landed in the forest and Rosalina got her wand. Sonic stretched and ran around the forest but not too far from the ship. Mario held onto his hat as the hedgehog zipped past. "Finally, some room to run..." Sonic said.

"Okay, everyone stays together, so no one goes running off," Peach said.

"Sure thing, your highness." Audrey snickered.

Luigi shuddered and asked, "Did anyone bring a light?"

"I did," Toad replied as he pulled out a lantern and turned it on.

Toad held out the lantern and the heroes walked through the forest. Yoshi looked around and then Rohan felt a raindrop hit his shoulder. "Uh...Guys?"

Mario looked up too and there was rain coming down bad. Daisy yelped and Peach exclaimed, "AAH! IT'S RAINING!!"

"We'd better get inside somewhere!" Rosalina said.

"Great, the rain is messing up my hair..." Audrey uttered.

Mario covered his head and then saw a huge mansion on the horizon. "Look! Somewhere to stay until the rain clears!"

"We don't know what's in there!" Luigi protested.

"But we need to go somewhere to stay 'til the rain stops."

"At least somewhere decent," Daisy replied.

The heroes quickly ran to the mansion and entered it. The mansion's interior was beautiful and nothing like what Luigi has seen in the two years past. Peach gasped and Atlas said, "This place looks like it was built for us."

Daisy sniffed and whispered, "Food......."

The heroes then walked further throughout the mansion and then they walked into the dining room and saw a buffet on the table. Rohan sat down and said, "This mansion really went all out on decorations."