Chapter 16: The Summit

Elsewhere

Discordia and her Deadly Demons had already thawed out of the ice cube and the villains were searching for the heroes. The goddess growled and Krusha looked at a frozen waterfall. The blue Kremling attempted to jump to climb it but the area around him started to crack.

"Krusha, please, you must have a brain to try not to freeze us again," Discordia uttered.

Krusha stopped jumping and Discordia growled in irritation. The goddess slammed her scythe and said under her breath, "I never should've hired such imbeciles..."

"Wait...Hold it..." Tubba Blubba noticed a hill and said, "We should've climbed over there!"

"I guess we didn't notice it before until now!" Klump said.

Meanwhile, the Summit

The heroes looked at the giant mountain in front of them. Sonic shivered from the snow and uttered, "Dang...That's a high mountain. I don't think that my speed alone can make it up there."

"We've got a long climb ahead of us..." Rosalina said.

The heroes began their journey to climb the summit. Daisy shivered and felt a chill up her spine. Rohan noticed a frozen berry and sniffed it. "Mmm...It smells so good..."

"Wait!" Peach said before blowing on her hands for warmth. "We don't know what that thing does!"

"You shouldn't be eating strange berries!" Mario added.

Rohan sliced the berry in half and bit one of the halves. "Too late!" he said. "Besides, it does seem a little cold but-Wooooooaaaaaaahhhhhh............" his eye pupils dilated rapidly and he smiled like a creepy salesman. He showed the berry to the heroes and continued in a distorted echoing voice, "Eat Snow Berries! It's cool, it's fresh, and it'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier!!  It's the quenchiest!!!! Only five coins each!!!!!!!"

Peach took the berry. "Uhh...I think you've had enough...."

"Woah, who lit Sonic on fire???"

"What?"

Everyone looked at Sonic but the hedgehog wasn't on fire at all! He looked at himself to see that he wasn't on fire. Donkey Kong looked at himself as if Rohan was about to ask if he was on fire too. Luigi sighed and said, "Let's put hallucinogens on the notes for that berry."

"Can I have that berry too?" Toad asked.

"I don't think that would be a good idea." Peach took Rohan's hand and the heroes continued to walk to the summit.

The heroes managed to get through the snowstorms...but the heroes needed a break. Toad and Audrey quickly made a fire and the heroes sat down in the snow. Rohan laid down on the snow and uttered, "Look....A giant floating mushroom!"

"I'll knock him unconscious," Toad whispered to Mario. "You say that it was an accident."

"Hey...Uh...I never really asked and this may be the wrong time right now, but, who are Mario and Luigi's parents?" Sonic asked.

Mario glared at Sonic and answered, "I don't know! Me and Luigi were dumped on a doorstep that belong to two people named Alex and Maria. A few weeks after senior graduation, they told us that we were adopted and they didn't know who our actual parents were. In anger, I disowned them and now I don't want anything to do with them!"

"I'm sorry," Sonic said. "I just wanted to know..."

"I'm sorry too..."

"So, what do we do now?" Toad asked. 

"I...Maybe one of us should go up that summit." Donkey Kong suggested.

"What?!" Rosalina exclaimed. "That's suicide!"