Chapter 37: The Ending

BROOKLYN SAVED! AND ALSO THE UNIVERSE WAS SAVED AS WELL

BROOKLYN SAVED! AND ALSO THE UNIVERSE WAS SAVED AS WELL...OKAY!

In the picture, there are several characters lined up from left to right: the Little Mushroom Man, Prince Rohan, the Princess, the Super Mario Bros., Blue Justice, a Giant Ape wearing a tie, a Space Goddess and her son, a Spy, a Green Dinosaur, and Daisy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Weeks after Discordia's defeat - World-1, Mushroom Kingdom

Mario and Sonic placed the framed newspaper article next to the portrait of Peach's father. Mario expressed his satisfaction, saying "It looks great." They then walked away together.

With a nod, Sonic and Mario walked down the hallway, receiving salutes from numerous Toad guards as they exited the castle. The past three weeks had been a whirlwind for Mario - from introducing Peach to his parents, to informing Pauline and the government about the existence of the Mushroom World, and even lending a hand in the Brooklyn reconstruction effort. Despite the chaos, Mario remained unfazed and free from any nightmares about Discordia.

Today will be an eventful day...Today was the day that Sonic would leave the Mushroom Kingdom and go on his own journey to help people as "Blue Justice." He's still brainstorming names, though.

The heroes journeyed a great distance from the kingdom to reach a nearby valley. While there, Sonic gazed out over a breathtaking cliff. Mario turned to him and inquired, "Are you ready, my friend?"

Sonic acknowledged the others and joined them. Mario let out a sigh and remarked, "That was quite a wild ride. We took down a goddess, ventured through multiple parallel universes, and ultimately saved our own universe from destruction."

"I'm gonna miss this world," Sonic replied.

Mario smiled, but soon tears welled up in his eyes as he tightly embraced Sonic. "I'll miss you so much! I'm afraid of never being able to see you again," he whispered.

Mario was feeling down, but Sonic tried to reassure him with a pat on the back and some kind words. "I'll still come to visit you from time to time," Sonic said. To cheer Mario up, Sonic gave him some enchanted Rings that Rosalina had helped with. "If you ever need me for anything, just use one of these Rings and I'll be there for you," Sonic promised with a smile.