Chapter 24: Tiny Dancer

Comet Observatory - Sixteen years ago

Rosalina typed on the main computer of the Observatory. She sighed as it was another glorious night in space. A blue Luma flew by and asked, "Mama, are you going to cook dinner?"

"Yes, I am, dear," Rosalina said, rubbing the Luma's chin.

Rosalina floated down the control center and then noticed something. A yellow Luma floated next to her and asked curiously, "Mama, what is that???"

The thing that Rosalina noticed appeared to be a metal orb with a glass center in the middle. The orb floated down and landed on the Observatory near her. She gasped as she knew what it was. "An escape pod..." she whispered.

Suddenly, the pod opened up, and there...was a baby boy with platinum-blonde hair holding a stuffed bear. Rosalina gasped. "A baby?" she said in a barely audible tone.

The baby suddenly started crying and Rosalina noticed a letter next to him. She took the letter and read, "Our home planet was destroyed. This baby, my son, is the last of his kind. To whoever finds this pod, raise him to be the best that he can be." she then looked at the baby and picked him up. Some Lumas appeared and admired the baby.

Rosalina smiled at the baby and said, "You don't have a name, don't you, dear?" she then noticed the baby opening his green eyes. "I think I'll name you...Atlas."

Tostarena Galaxy - Present Day

Rosalina gasped awake and stood up. The ship was tipped over a little bit and the heroes were trying to help each other up. The Observatory has not been damaged too many times thanks to the force field that protected it but did have some debris. Mario climbed down the Observatory and found Sonic still in ball form. "Sonic? Sonic!" he shouted.

Sonic uncurled and stood up while dizzy. "Uuuuggghhh......Guess I had a bonus life."

Rosalina sighed and then called out, "Altas? Altas! Altas?!?"

Audrey helped Yoshi up and looked around. "I can't see him."

Rosalina floated down the Observatory and noticed Atlas' crown and wand on the ground. "Oh, no..."

Everyone followed down and Rohan noticed footprints on the sand. "He's gone..." he said.

"What did I do?" Rosalina started tearing up.

"You were trying to get us out of the black hole..." Peach said. "...But we should give him some space. I mean, he just found out that he was adopted."

"I need to find him. This is my mistake, and I need to fix this." Rosalina wiped her tears.

"But what about Discordia?" Donkey Kong asked. "She's probably noticed that we escaped her planet and is probably gonna be out looking for us."

"That's why I have an outfit for when I go visit locals."

A few minutes later

Rosalina stepped out of her bedroom in a black t-shirt, ripped jeans, red tennis shoes, and lacking her earrings and crown. She got her bag ready and then she saw something glowing. It was coming from Peach's purse. Even though it was rude to do so, she went over to the purse and dug through it...until she found an all-too-familiar gem. It was the last Chaos Emerald! It was clear but it was brilliant-cut like the others!

Rosalina gasped and shuddered, "T-T-The seventh Chaos Emerald??? It was in Peach's purse?!? This whole time?!?! How?!? It can't..." she clenched her head and thought, Calm down, Rosalina! Just keep it cool! Don't lose it, don't lose it, don't lose it, don't lose, don't lose, don't, DON'T, DON'T, DON'T, DON'T!!! However, she finally lost it and screamed, "GYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!"