Chapter 12: The Land of the Untamed

Brooklyn Gardens Elementary School - Many Years Ago

In the library of the school, the young brothers, Mario and Luigi, were sitting and looking at a picture book of fantasy and knights. Mario flipped through the epic and fantastic adventures of the valiant heroes and Luigi just skipped to the calm parts. Mario gasped and said, "Luigi, look! A dragon!"

"I don't like dragons..." Luigi uttered. "They're selfish and mean and scary. I prefer puppies and turtles. It's a good thing that we don't live in a fairy tale! Right, Mario?"

Mario nodded and suddenly noticed the picture of a knight on one knee holding a bouquet to the fair princess and he smiled. It was then that he wanted to become like the knight in the book and be a hero.

Comet Observatory - Present Day

Mario smiled at Peach who was helping a Luma read in the library dome. Sonic walked over to him and asked, "You really love Peach, don't you?"

The plumber sighed. "I would die for her..."

Toad walked over to him and said, "Yeah...That's what most of us are worried about."

"...What do you mean?"

Suddenly, the observatory rumbled a little and Yoshi quickly grabbed a rolling apple with his tongue. Rosalina quickly went to the control screen and said, "We're here."

Feral Galaxy

The Observatory landed in a creepy forest reminding Mario of Yoshi Island. The heroes stepped off the ship and Rohan asked, "This is the Feral Galaxy?"

"Yes, and it's very, VERY, dangerous," Rosalina answered. "So, everyone stays together."

"Yes, ma'am." Sonic saluted and chuckled.

The heroes walked through the galaxy and Luigi shuddered over the bad feeling that he had over this planet. The trees still were green but had moss hanging over the branches. The bushes were rustling. The danger was lurking in every corner. Audrey took out her knife just to be sure...but suddenly, Atlas took her hand. She suddenly blushed and asked, "W-What are you doing?"

"Just to be safe..." Atlas shyly uttered. "...and so you don't go running off."

Luigi took out the map and it glowed. Everyone gathered around the map and it changed into what seemed to be a compass to the Emerald. The top of the map glowed and Toad said, "With all my years of exploring the Mushroom Kingdom, I used compasses...The map is showing that we need to go North."

The heroes went north and suddenly, Mario noticed a bunch of Yoshi eggs around them and said, "Hey, look, new breeds of Yoshis! You've got brothers and sisters out there in the Universe, Yoshi!"

"Wait!" Rosalina said. "These are not the Yoshis you're all familiar with on Earth. These Yoshis...they're monsters...evil...untamed...sadistic."

The eggs cracked and Rosalina's wand charged up a little. The eggs finally hatched and there were multi-colored Yoshis. The heroes' Yoshi cheered and Mario said, "They're just average Yoshis..."

"I'm leaving," Rohan said.

Mario laughed and looked at Rosalina. "Rosie, you thought...Haha...YOU THOUGHT THAT THE YOSHIS ON THIS PLANET ARE SAVAGE!?!? THEY'RE JUST...They're perfectly safe...They're-"

A green Feral Yoshi suddenly roared and revealed its maw of sharp teeth. Mario yelped and stepped back. "Not friendly!"

The Feral Yoshis then snarled and revealed their teeth too. The heroes walked around and Luigi yelped. Daisy flexed her knuckles and Atlas said, "Everyone, stay together!"