Chapter 47) The Reaper's Approach

Artist: Official Artwork from Yamoa

It happened far too quickly for anyone to truly realise. Linhardt could only stare, eyes shaking in terror at the sight he witnessed. He was frozen in place, still trying his hardest to stay rational. That's right. Staying rational was the solution to recovering from this scenario. He tried his best to regain his composure. As the mist finally had settled, more of the middle-tier had begun making a run for Beleth out of concern.

"Professor!" Ferdinand's voice bellowed across the hall, alerting everyone.

Bernadetta and Dorothea ran down, fully knowing they were breaking their orders. Edelgard joined after them, now inspecting their teacher as she lay limp across the floor. As each of the now present students surveyed Beleth, Edelgard bellowed her orders. She shouted, screaming for everyone to get away from the enemy. Dragging Linhardt away, she swayed her able hand away, begging for the others to step aside.

"Everyone, she's dead. Retreat and regroup. We have to make it out of this."

The chaos continued to ensue. The students were hit with confusion. Unknown to them all, the spirit of a young girl had presided over Beleth's beaten corpse. She looked at everyone in chaos, watching as each new pool of blood was made. The mission to protect the Mausoleum had failed. Finally looking back at Beleth, she could only apologise for not making it in time.

"You still have that shopping trip planned. Do not give in yet," she ordered, but knew her words were not heard. Now retaining her concentration away from the chaos around her, she once more looked towards Beleth. "I'll reverse this for you. This is not the future we have planned. Professor. Change your fate - with the Divine Pulse!"

An array of colours flashed around the surrounding areas. The ground shook, and all focus and sanity had been lost. As the events already passed rewinded themselves backwards, Beleth found herself feeling the pain pierce her once again, as her blood began reverting itself back onto her body. Her bones and skin now repaired themselves, until finally she was whole once more. It hurt her to go through these events again, but she was back where she should be, this time with Sothis beside her. The mist was back, but it would soon be cleared.

"Thanks," she now ran to where she knew Linhardt would be, refusing to contemplate what had just happened.

"Thank me- later, you fool," Sothis said, now finding it hard to breathe. "My powers take a lot out of me, still. I cannot support you for long."

She did not need to. Beleth grappled onto Linhardt, pushing him aside. She knew she was not quick enough to withstand a full attack, so she shouted instead. "Heal me, Linhardt!" The command was direct, but had caught him off-guard. Still, the urgency in her voice alerted him.

The mist finally cleared, and as the black figure revealed itself, the scythe was swung at blistering speeds. Beleth unleashed her sword, and a clang erupted through the room, now alerting everyone. Another swing was made by the Death Knight, and as Beleth tried to move back, the very tips and ends of the scythe had grazed her cheek. It stung. She looked around, seeing Linhardt now safe, but scared.