Chapter 52) Planned Outings

Artwork is from the official Cipher for Fire Emblem

Arc 5: Gautier Inheritance 

The next few days of healing had involved many days of assistance. Alongside conversations with Seteth, there was also paperwork that Beleth had been determined never to visit again. On off-occasions, some students from the outside houses had offered to visit her, but were inevitably hushed aside by Manuela. As a result, Beleth saw many gifts being sent her way, but no faces to accompany them.

With some handiwork from Seteth, she was able to hint from afar of the planned trip for the Black Eagles. This had meant that many of her donations had resulted in monetary items, which was a payoff Beleth could gladly accept at the time. It meant a lot to be receiving such tokens of kindness, but it also meant Beleth had a new duty to make up for the students that cared for her from afar.

Outside of Beleth's recuperation, the Black Eagles had also seen themselves many instances of gratitude and thankfulness from the other classes. They were the ones who had been lucky enough to subdue the root of Lonato's letter, so it had been known they were also the ones everyone should thank for freeing them off their struggles.

Some of the students were able to avoid their newfound attention, after Edelgard had made a note to tell them to avoid the more introverted students. As for the excited few, they had been busy basking in their popularity during the course of these few days. When all was said and done, they too, had received similar gifts of funding for their eventual trip. It meant a lot to be receiving such tokens of appreciation, but it had also meant they were more than ready for their professor to feel better.

On the final day of recuperation for Beleth, she was assisted by Manuela through walking exercises around the private grounds of the monastery. After much trial and error on her breathing exercises, she was advised with great concern not to overdo herself.

For now, Beleth was to be exempt from any acts of jogging. After she was done with her training, she was allowed to visit the outside towns as she had wanted to, but Manuela was sure to shoot a dangerous glint in her eyes when the topic of pointless wandering was brought up. On the off-chance that Beleth was unwell, she was to immediately return and report to Manuela if a nearby physician was not nearby.

Beleth had unfortunately signed the contract from Manuela to force her into these rulings, and it was eventually made worse when Seteth, too, had threatened to no longer assist Beleth if she forbade her recommended orders. Complaining to the advisor herself, she felt herself regressing a few years back in speech to prod her superior with her true thoughts.

"Boo, you're no fun, Seteth," she jeered. "Absolute mood-killer; that's what you are!"

He sighed. "I am at least happy that you no longer feel unease near me, but please dial it down. I may be the brother of a close friend of yours, but I am no Flayn for you to be teasing."