Chapter 51) Her Talk With Everyone

The night flickered on and off. She awoke, completely unaware of what was happening now. The door was shut firm, and the air lay dormant in silence. She winced in pain as she moved her stomach to get up. She chose instead to lay. Staring at the dark ceiling above, she thought of old memories that were now long gone.

It was just her luck to be in such a situation. For fun, she wanted to think of what her successes might have meant for her. She recalled her enemy toying with her, but she was sure he chose not to harm the others around her. As long as what he spoke was true, then she was alright with all that had transpired. After all, it would have meant everyone being spared.

A few minutes passed. During this time, Beleth tried to see how severe her wounds were. Peeking down, she noticed her wounds had already been closed and bandaged up, but the red had still shone through. The pain was still there, however. It felt unbearable to move around. She was sure for a fact that she was poisoned, too, but had little option in confirming this.

Should she tell the class of this happening? They would know eventually. If she was to go on missions with everyone still, then they had to know. How far did the poison go? She hoped it had been gotten rid of. She desperately wanted to move again as she used to. She needed to if she were to continue her life at the academy.

A creak suddenly sounded from the opposing end of the room. Beleth tilted her head around. At the peak of night, came a familiar face. For a moment when the door opened, the two looked at one another. Realising she had to respond, Beleth finally spoke to someone for the first time after he awakening.

"You okay, Lil' One?" Beleth joked, remembering her old nickname for her friend. Tears only followed from Flayn.

"You said you would stay safe for me. You promised!"

"Hey, hey, I am safe... for the most-part. I can't say I'm fully mobile, though."

"Beleth!" She ran to the injured professor. At this point, Beleth had blanketed her wounds again to keep them away from prying eyes. "I implore you to speak with full honesty. How bad are your wounds?"

"Not exactly the finest. I don't think I can get up for a while, but being able to move my arms and legs is the most I could ask for right now."

"Are you feeling alright? What happened there?"

"A lot happened. Too much, actually. It's a lot to recap. Those rumours of the reaper were true, though. You were right about it." A gasp could only come from her friend. Just as before, she continued crying. "Flayn, I don't like seeing you cry. It's a first for me, but it's not welcome."

"I cannot help it!" She shouted out. "You were taken away from me - from us - from everyone! How can I simply feel unambiguous about it?"

Beleth felt herself saddened to see her friend like this. She wanted to calm her down. "When we went fishing, I saw your smile. I prefer that a lot more."

Her friend looked up at her, still sobbing. "I cannot deliver such promises; not when you broke yours!"

"My promise?"

She continued, now grabbing the shoulders of Beleth. "You promised for your safety, Beleth. You said you would ensure you came out unharmed for us!"

"You're right-"

"You said you never liked breaking promises! You always tried your hardest to ensure it never happened! You're a liar!"

"I'm sorry-"

"Are you, though?"

"I am, I am." She resisted raising her voice. She remembered she could move her arms. Getting herself up once more, she winced from the pain. Beleth was pretty sure she let some blood begin trickling through her bandages again, but she wanted to ignore it. Wrapping her arms around Flayn's head, she embraced her. "I really am sorry. I just wanted the best for everyone, and now I realise I must have worried you all. Really, Flayn. I'm sorry."