Prologue

-Twenty one years and ten months ago-

Somewhere in South-east China

"You were right, mother!" a young woman of twenty-one exclaimed with horror, seeing the pitch-black eyes of her newborn baby which were too obvious even under the dim light of the shabby cottage, "he is... cursed! Hei Si will take him... he will take him!"

"Hssh," the older woman hushed her as she covered the baby with a cotton piece, "we won't let your evil husband take him."

The young woman's head fell on the pillow with desperation, "but..."

"So you want to kill him before it is too late?" the mother asked nonchalantly though she was cradling the unaware baby.

"Noo!" the young mother exclaimed as her arms reached out for the baby, "he is my baby!"

"Good," the older mother handed the now-crying baby to his mother, "then we will do our best to change his fate."

Somewhere in North-west China

"He is cursed!" a young woman of twenty one exclaimed in horror, seeing the almost transparent eyes of her newborn baby.

"Indeed he is!" the old delivery nurse agreed with a horror-stricken face and she took a few steps away from the bed where the new mother was lying.

"WHAT WILL I DO?!" the young woman shouted with accumulated anxiety. As she had no family and her boyfriend dumped her as soon as he learned she was pregnant, she didn't know what to do by herself.

The delivery nurse got over the initial shock and approached the desperate woman, "shall we just leave him at the orphanage?"

The crying woman blinked rapidly, contemplating about the suggestion.

"No one needs to know," the old woman added and as if feeling his fate, the overly white baby started to cry.

Looking at the white tears the cursed baby was spilling, the young woman nodded with determination, "let's do it."