1. Found You!

Yin An threw the last emptied box on the box pile and slumped on the sofa tiredly. Finally he unpacked all his stuff and although he didn't have many things, for his fragile body, everything was tiring.

"A new home, ha?" he muttered by himself as his pitch black eyes wandered around the small wooden cottage in the MuMu Forest. As it was his first time being away from grandmother, he felt lonely and slightly afraid, but there was nothing to do. After many years of searching for the certain boy around China, his psychic grandmother finally had a clear vision about the whereabouts of the boy, but for some reason, she said he had to find his life-saver-to-be by himself.

Now there he was, hopeful to find the boy before it was too late.

Two months. All he had was two months...

"I can do it!" Suddenly, he exclaimed in the empty house and ran his long bony fingers through his pitch black wavy hair, then he rose to his feet. If he wanted to find the young boy of his age on time, he had to start the investigation.

He put his old jeans on his skinny legs and wore an oversized brown pullover and a black coat. As usual, he also put on his worn-out black cap and black sunglasses and left his new house.

With his slow steps creating rustling sounds on the fallen leaves, Yin An walked to the town which was fifteen minutes away from his house. Aissh, secrecy was good, but walking that long was annoying. Especially with his weak body.

When he finally arrived, he first sat in the only cafe and ordered a caramel latte. Looking at the passing town people through the window, he drank his latte with content. Maybe living alone wasn't too bad because if his grandmother was with him, she wouldn't let him out of the house, let alone allowing him to sit in a cafe.

"You are the one who bought the old Lang's house, right?"

Startled, Yin An turned his head to the source of the sound and saw it was the girl who was standing behind the cashier. She didn't look older than himself, but definitely more human-like.

"News travels fast," he said with a smile, trying to hide his discomfort. Due to his condition, he had to say farewell to his social life when he was still young, so he wasn't good with social interactions.

"I am the ear of the town!" she proudly declared, playing with her long brown hair.

And the mouth obviously, Yin An added inwardly, but kept his forced smile plastered on his face.

"If you want to know anything, you should just ask me," she added, unbothered by his lack of response and with that she managed to attract his attention.

"Anything?" he asked with hope, his smile getting bigger.

"Anything," she repeated, nodding.

"Then," he put the coffee mug on the table and approached the cashier, "do you know anyone weird in the town?"

"Weird?" she frowned, "like what?"

"Hmm," he wetted his lips, "like a young man with a weird appearance?"

"Yes! I know one!" she clapped her hands merrily, "we have a magical young vet, Yang Guang, living in the forest, not too far from your house. I don't know why but he dyes his hair white and always wears coloured-glasses. Wait, why do you also wear shades inside?"

"Finally!" Yin An heaved a relieved sigh, ignoring her question, "thank you," he put fifty yuan into the tip box and left the cafe pell-mell.

.

.

.

"Don't move," Yang Guang said softly and as if understanding him, the injured deer stopped struggling. "That's better, thank you," he said with a smile and opened his first-aid bag to grab the necessary equipment. He wore his surgical gloves and grabbed the tweezers to take out the glass shards from the poor deer's cloven foot.

"You are doing great, girl," he soothed the deer as he worked on it gingerly.

It was so interesting that if it wasn't an animal but a human, Yang Guang most definitely would ignore it and continue with his walking. After living in hardships for his entire life, he closed his heart to human beings and hated them all the same. Well, the blind vet was an exception, but he was dead now, so his percentage was back to one hundred of hate. If he could do it, he would go and live in the mountains; however, he didn't trust his survival abilities... yet. Maybe one day.

The wail of the deer halted his movements. He pushed his shoulder-length white hair off his shoulder and looked at the injured creature in the eye.

"I know it hurts, but when I finish, you will be as good as new," he promised softly and continued to take out the shards.

Damn humans... they were only bringing trouble...

Carefully, he took all the pieces out and cleaned the blood. Then he took off his surgical gloves and looked around to see if anyone was around.

"Let's heal you," he whispered and put his hand on the wounds carefully. From the contact a small white light appeared and then all the wounds got healed.

A second later a new voice echoed in the forest...

"IT'S YOU! I'VE FINALLY FOUND YOU!"