21. A Romantic Couple

Plastic?

Yin An cautiously poked a petal and saw he was right. The bouquet was plastic!

"Won't you take them? I look like a creep bothering you," Yang Guang whispered with a playful smile.

"Ah," Yin An came to his senses and received the bouquet with a complicated expression, "thank you, but what is this for?"

Yang Guang shrugged, then sat on the chair next to his boyfriend, "I just wanted to get my daryin some flowers, isn't it normal between couples?"

Well, it was normal for couples, but they were not a normal couple. After giving it a quick thought, Yin An didn't fail to see the intention behind the super cute gesture. Yang Guang surely felt bad for his dejection and found out a way to bring him together with the thing he liked the most, but hurt the most. His lover was beyond romantic so Yin An wondered how come his cursed existence could be that lucky to have a jewel like him?

"Come back."

"Ha?" Yin An came back to his senses for the second time in less than a minute.

"I bought those to make you happy, not to make you look lost," Yang Guang almost sulked, alarming his lover.

"I like them so much!" Yin An exclaimed, resulting in the librarian throwing him a warning glance. Abashed, he pulled his lover towards himself and whispered to his ear, "I like them so much that I was lost for words for a second. Thank you as usual."

Content with the reply he got, Yang Guang swiftly turned his head and kissed his boyfriend's cheek before saying "smell them."

Like an obedient puppy, Yin An pulled himself back and smelled the flowers. His eyes got bigger as he realised they were actually smelling like real flowers. His curious gaze searched through the bouquet and saw a black incense stick hidden inside. Chuckling at his lover's creativity, he said "is it a bamboo stick?"

Yang Guang nodded proudly, "I stole it from the boutique lady," he said in a whisper, then pressed his forefinger on his lips, "don't tell her."

Yin An played along and mimicked the tall man's action, "it is between us."

"Great!" Yang Guang stole another kiss from his cheek, "now let's continue."

.

.

.

"What? You can't be serious," Yang Guang said in disappointment, hearing there was no pizza as the diner's oven was broken down in the afternoon. After searching for a useful clue for hours, he craved pizza so bad and wanted to take Yin An to another diner in the town which had excellent pizza. However, as usual, the luck wasn't with them. Tssk.

"Do you really want to eat nothing but pizza?" Yin An asked quietly, pulling the hem of the tall man's jacket.

Yang Guang shrugged, "nothing can be done, so let's eat something else here."

Unexpectedly, Yin An shook his head, meaning no and dragged his lover out of the diner. Giving him puppy eyes, he said "let's go to my house, I can fix something and we can watch a movie."

The tall man threw him a sceptical look, but sensing nothing was wrong, he nodded and the couple walked back to Yin An's house hand in hand.

Once there, Yin An vehemently refused Yang Guang's offer of help and sent him to the living room area to choose a movie. After reading about trees for hours, the tall man contemplated that they should watch something fun. He quickly found a fun-looking movie and feeling useless while his lover cooked, he decided to finish the book he was checking. He pulled out the book from his backpack and found the page he put a pin on. He lolled on the comfortable sofa, his non-fitting legs dangling over the armrest, and resumed his blue-maple searching.

As he was too into his reading, he didn't realise how much time passed until Yin An showed up with a tray. His nose got the hint before his eyes, and his mouth almost dropped to the floor, seeing the food on the tray.

Pizza.

"You didn't..." Yang Guang started with disbelief as he looked at his lover with love-filled eyes.

"You said you wanted to eat pizza, so I baked it," Yin An said matter of factly and gave him his plate with three slices of mixed pizza.

Yang Guang almost teared in the face of the thoughtful gesture. "You are an angel," he declared after giving him a kiss on the head, then without wasting a second, he took his long-wanted bite. Exaggerating his mmnn-hmm reaction, he gobbled up the slice in less than a minute, shocking his boyfriend, whose hand was lingering midair, holding his own slice.

"I didn't know you wanted to eat pizza this bad."

Licking the tomato sauce from his finger, Yang Guang murmured "it is because you baked it for me."

Yin An could neither laugh nor cry. He could only pass him a glass of coke so that he wouldn't choke on the second slice.

After Yang Guang ate his dear pizza alongside Yin An's one charity slice, the couple snuggled up to each other and watched the comedy movie the tall man chose. Then they called it a day and went to bed early.

'Tomorrow' was always busy in those days...