35. Too Late?!

Three steps.

The plan in Yang Guang's mind needed three steps. Hoping his powers almost peaked as Yin An speculated, he stomped his foot and released his healing power towards his shaking lover. Though he was still on the verge of an attack, at least the movement of the black lines on his arms slowed a bit.

As he had no time to waste, Yang Guang then grabbed the chief's arm without alerting anyone and passed him some of his yang energy as well. At least he was easy to heal. In less than a minute, he came to his senses. The healer gestured at the armed man behind them with his eyes and the chief immediately understood what he meant.

While they were on it, the mafia man was still dealing with his son. After shaking him enough to make him lose his balance, he slapped him hard, sending him to the ground.

"CHOOSE ONE BEFORE I KILL YOU ALL!!!!!"

"I-I can't!" Yin An sobbed harder, his hands clenching and unclenching on the stony ground. He tried to hold his power back, but he had already lost all his hope for survival.

"DO IT!"

Hearing his boyfriend's voice, the pitiful man opened his eyes and looked at the other though his vision was highly blurry.

"DO IT! I GOT YOU!" Yang Guang nodded with a reassuring smile although his lover's eyes were unfocused. He was proud of him as he managed to hold his attack that much, but he had to release that evil energy before it became destructive for everyone, including himself.

"Noo..." Yin An shook his head vehemently, ignoring his now bleeding nose, but in a second, his head was yanked from his hair by his father, who pulled him on his wobbly legs.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about, but my patience is diminishing," the old man threatened him through his gritted teeth.

"TRUST ME!" Yang Guang shouted again with apparent pain, seeing the condition of his soulmate.

Well, Yin An of course trusted his soulmate, but before he could do something, his power acted its own and rushed out of him, forming a huge black mist.

"NOW!" Yang Guang shouted as he released his yang energy, surrounding Yin An's black energy. Meanwhile, Chief Hu used the opportunity and swiftly pushing his chair back, he hit the armed man with it. When the man lost his balance, he grabbed his hand holding the gun with his still-tied hands, and directing it to the mafia boss, he made the man pull the trigger.

It all happened in a blink of an eye, but the bullet in the mafia boss' forehead was too real to miss.

"BOSS!" the gang exclaimed, helpless, and reached for their guns.

Fearing their numbers, Yang Guang pulled his yang energy a bit and Yin An's yin energy immediately handled the ones behind him. The other side was cleaned by the chief who got full control of the gun.

When the lethal duo handled all the evil men, Yang Guang rushed to his lover, who was on the ground with his lovely face completely covered by overlapping black lines and blood.

"Yin An!" the anxious man gathered his overly rigid body into his embrace and increased the yang energy that he was giving him.

One minute... two minutes... three minutes...

No matter how hard he tried, Yang Guang could only prevent the yin energy from spreading, but his power seemed to have no effect on his lover's body.

"Is he alright?" the chief asked hesitantly after he helped the other captives and made the necessary call to the police station.

"I don't know..." the tall man answered with helpless eyes, "my power doesn't work..."

"Don't stop!"

Hearing the weak exclamation, both the men turned around and looked at the grandmother with questioning eyes.

The old woman pushed her long grey hair back off her face and approached the men with slow steps. Then she crouched down next to her grandson, and putting her hand on his forehead, she said "you can still save him, just take him to your final destination, and don't stop the yang energy transfer."

Yang Guang felt he could breathe again. With fear, he looked at the chief for permission. Would he let them go after what he witnessed?

The old man shifted his gaze between lovers thoughtfully, and wetting his dry lips, he said "just go and save An An, I will handle the situation here. Nobody will know your involvement."

"Thank you! Thank you so much, chief!" Yang Guang bowed his head, showing his gratitude and scooping up his stone-like lover, he rushed to his car with the first lights of the day.

He lay him on the backseat before taking the wheel and sped up into the night.

I will save you daryin, I won't let you go...